New Content (2)
Features and Benefits
- Integrated dual-channel RF front end
- 2-stage LNA and high power SPDT switch
- On-chip bias and matching
- Single supply operation
- High gain mode: 33 dB typical at 4.6 GHz
- Low gain mode: 18 dB typical at 4.6 GHz
- Low noise figure
- High gain mode: 1.6 dB typical at 4.6 GHz
- Low gain mode: 1.6 dB typical at 4.6 GHz
- High channel to channel isolation
- Between RxOUT-ChA and RxOUT-ChB: 45 dB typical
- Between TERM-ChA and TERM-ChB: 53 dB typical
- Low insertion loss: 0.5 dB typical at 4.6 GHz
- High power handling at TCASE = 105°C
- Full lifetime
- LTE average power (9 dB PAR): 40 dBm
- Single event (<10 sec operation)
- LTE average power (9 dB PAR): 43 dBm
- High OIP3: 31 dBm typical
- Power-down mode and low gain mode for LNA
- Low supply current
- High gain mode: 86 mA typical at 5 V
- Low gain mode: 36 mA typical at 5 V
- Power-down mode: 12 mA typical at 5 V
- Positive logic control
- 40-lead, 6 mm × 6 mm LFCSP
The ADRF5547 is a dual-channel, integrated RF, front end multichip module designed for time division duplexing (TDD) applications that operates from 3.7 GHz to 5.3 GHz. The ADRF5547 is configured in dual channels with a cascading twostage low noise amplifier (LNA) and a high power silicon, single-pole, double-throw (SPDT) switch.
In high gain mode, the cascaded, two-stage LNA and switch offer a low noise figure of 1.6 dB and high gain of 33 dB at 4.6 GHz with an output third order intercept point (OIP3) of 31 dBm (typical).
In low gain mode, one stage of the two-stage LNAs is in bypass, providing 18 dB gain at lower current of 36 mA. In power-down mode, the LNAs are turned off and the device draws 12 mA.
In transmit operation, when RF inputs are connected to a termination pin (TERM-ChA or TERM-ChB), the switch provides a low insertion loss of 0.50 dB and handles long term evolution (LTE) average power (9 dB peak to average ratio (PAR)) of 40 dBm for full lifetime operation and 43 dBm for single event (<10 sec) LNA protection operation.
The device comes in an RoHS compliant, compact, 40-lead, 6 mm × 6 mm LFCSP.
- Wireless infrastructure
- TDD Massive Multiple input and Multiple Output (MIMO) and Active Antenna Systems
- TDD-based Communication Systems
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The ADRF5547 is a dual-channel integrated radio frequency (RF) front end ideally suited for time division duplexing (TDD) wireless infrastructure applications. The ADRF5547 is a multichip device that consists of a high power switch and a dual stage low noise amplifier on each channel.
This user guide describes the ADRF5547 evaluation board designed to easily evaluate the features and performance of the ADRF5547. A photograph of the evaluation board is shown in Figure 1.
The ADRF5547 data sheet, available at www.analog.com, provides full specifications for the ADRF5547. Consult the ADRF5547 data sheet in conjunction with this user guide when using the evaluation board.
Tools & Simulations
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.