Features and Benefits
- Maximum output current: 1 A
- Input voltage range: 2.5 V to 5.5 V
- Low shutdown current: <1 μA
- Low dropout voltage: 345 mV @ 1 A load
- Initial accuracy: ±1%
- Accuracy over line, load, and temperature: ±2.5%
- 16 fixed output voltage options with soft start: 0.75 V to 3.3 V (ADP1706)
- 16 fixed output voltage options with tracking 0.75 V to 3.3 V (ADP1707)
- Adjustable output voltage option: 0.8 V to 5.0 V (ADP1708)
- Stable with small 4.7 μF ceramic output capacitor
- Excellent load/line transient response
- Current limit and thermal overload protection
Product DetailsThe ADP1706/ADP1707/ADP1708 are CMOS, low dropout linear regulators that operate from 2.5 V to 5.5 V and provide up to 1 A of output current. Using an advanced proprietary architecture, they provide high power supply rejection and achieve excellent line and load transient response with a small 4.7 μF ceramic output capacitor.
The ADP1706/ADP1707 are available in 16 fixed output volt-age options. The ADP1708 is available in an adjustable version, which allows output voltages that range from 0.8 V to 5.0 V via an external divider. The ADP1706 allows an external soft start capacitor to be connected to program the start-up time; the ADP1707 and ADP1708 contain internal soft start capacitors that give a typical start-up time of 100 μs. The ADP1707 includes a tracking feature that allows the output to follow an external voltage rail or reference.
The ADP1706/ADP1707/ADP1708 are available in an 8-lead, exposed paddle SOIC package and an 8-lead, 3 mm × 3 mm exposed paddle LFCSP, making them not only very compact solutions but also providing excellent thermal performance for applications requiring up to 1 A of output current in a small, low profile footprint.
- Notebook computers
- Memory components
- Telecommunications equipment
- Network equipment
- DSP/FPGA/microprocessor supplies
- Instrumentation equipment/data acquisition systems
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (2)
These evaluation boards are used to demonstrate the functionality of the ADP1706 linear regulators.
Simple device measurements such as line and load regulation, dropout, and ground current can be demonstrated with just a single voltage supply, a voltmeter, a current meter, and load resistors.
The ADMX1002 is an ultra-low distortion sinewave and high-resolution arbitrary waveform generator. This high-performance module demonstrates a proprietary digital pre-distortion algorithm that reduces signal distortion below levels that can be achieved with high-performance digital-to-analog converters (DAC) and amplifiers alone. Its differential output can be set to common-mode levels often required to test high-performance analog-to-digital converters (ADC), audio codecs, and other audio ICs and systems. With an easy-to-use SPI interface and small-form factor, the ADMX1002 can be easily embedded into test systems, or simply used on the bench for measurement and characterization.
- High-end audio test
- Analog-to-digital converter characterization and test
- Sensor and transducer test
- Frequency response and network analysis
Features & Benefits
- Ultra-low distortion, high-resolution source
- DC to 40kHz
- Proprietary digital pre-distortion (DPD) algorithm
- –130dBc THD @ 1kHz (typ.)
- Arbitrary waveform generation (AWG) with on-board pattern memory
- Differential (balanced) output up to 3.6VRMS
- Fast pattern switching between multiple stored waveforms
- Small form-factor (60mm x 40mm)
- Low power, 1W typ. (quiescent)
- SPI interface for integration into test and measurement systems
User Guides (3)
Tools & Simulations
LTpowerCAD® is a power supply design program which selects power stage components, provides detailed power efficiency, shows quick loop Bode plot stability and load transient analysis, and can export to LTspice for simulation.
Design tools for the following parts are available in LTpowerCAD:
Microsoft Excel download tool from ADIsimPower to generate a power supply design complete with a schematic, bill of materials, and performance specifications.
Solutions Bulletins & Brochures (1)
Technical Articles (1)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.