Features and Benefits
- 10BASE-Te/100BASE-TX/1000BASE-T IEEE® 802.3™ compliant
- MII, RMII, and RGMII MAC interfaces
- 1000BASE-T RGMII latency transmit < 68 ns, receive < 226 ns
- 100BASE-TX MII latency transmit< 52 ns, receive < 248 ns
- EMC test standards
- IEC 61000-4-5 surge (±4 kV)
- IEC 61000-4-4 electrical fast transient (EFT) (±4 kV)
- IEC 61000-4-2 ESD (±6 kV contact discharge)
- IEC 61000-4-6 conducted immunity (10 V)
- EN55032 radiated emissions (Class A)
- EN55032 conducted emissions (Class A)
- Unmanaged configuration using multilevel pin strapping
- EEE in accordance with IEEE 802.3az
- Start of packet detection for IEEE 1588 time stamp support
- Enhanced link detection
- Configurable LED
- Crystal oscillator frequency/25 MHz clock input frequency (50 MHz for RMII)
- 25 MHz/125 MHz synchronous clock output
- Small package and wide temperature range
- 40-lead, 6 mm × 6 mm LFCSP
- Specified for −40°C to +105°C ambient operation
- Low power consumption
- 330 mW for 1000BASE-T
- 140 mW for 100BASE-TX
- 3.3 V/2.5 V/1.8 V MAC interface VDDIO supply
- Integrated power supply monitoring and POR
The ADIN1300 is a low power, single port, Gigabit Ethernet transceiver with low latency and power consumption specifications primarily designed for industrial Ethernet applications.
This design integrates an energy efficient Ethernet (EEE) physical layer device (PHY) core with all associated common analog circuitry, input and output clock buffering, management interface and subsystem registers, and MAC interface and control logic to manage the reset and clock control and pin configuration.
The ADIN1300 is available in a 6 mm × 6 mm, 40-lead lead frame chip scale package (LFCSP). The device operates with a minimum of 2 power supplies, 0.9 V and 3.3 V, assuming the use of a 3.3 V MAC interface supply. For maximum flexibility in system level design, a separate VDDIO supply enables the management data input/output (MDIO) and MAC interface supply voltages to be configured independently of the other circuitry on the ADIN1300, allowing operation at 1.8 V, 2.5 V, or 3.3 V. At power-up, the ADIN1300 is held in hardware reset until each of the supplies has crossed its minimum rising threshold value. Brown-out protection is provided by monitoring the supplies to detect if one or more supply drops below a minimum falling threshold (see Table 17 on the datasheet), and holding the device in hardware reset until the power supplies return and satisfy the power-on reset (POR) circuit.
The MII management interface (also referred to as MDIO interface) provides a 2-wire serial interface between a host processor or MAC (also known as management station (STA)) and the ADIN1300, allowing access to control and status information in the PHY core management registers. The interface is compatible with both the IEEE 802.3 Standard Clause 22 and Clause 45 management frame structures.
The ADIN1300 can support cable lengths up to 150 meters at Gigabit speeds and 180 meters when operating at 100 Mbps or 10 Mbps.
- Industrial automation
- Process control
- Factory automation
- Robotics/Motion Control
- Building automation
- Test and Measurement
- Industrial IoT
Markets & Technology
- Instrumentation & Measurement
- Building Technology
- Industrial Automation Technology (IAT)
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The EVAL-ADIN1300FMCZ allows simplified evaluation of the key features of the ADIN1200 robust, industrial, low latency 10 Mbps, 100 Mbps, 1 Gbps Ethernet physical layer (PHY). The evaluation board is powered by a single, external, 5 V supply. All chip supplies are regulated from this 5 V rail providing supply rails AVDD3P3, VDD0P9 and VDDIO for the device.
The P3 field programmable gate array (FPGA) mezzanine connector (FMC) is provided for connection to a master FPGA system for the media access control (MAC) interface and management data input/output (MDIO) control.
The MDIO can also be controlled via an optional MDIO interface dongle included as part of the kit.
Features & Benefits
- FMC connector for MII interface, MDIO signals, and status signal
- Accessible, surface-mount configuration resistors and dial switches
- Operates from a single, external, 5 V supply
Software & Systems Requirements
Tools & Simulations
Technical Articles (5)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.