New Content (1)
Features and Benefits
- 10BASE-Te/100BASE-TX IEEE® 802.3™ compliant
- MII, RMII and RGMII MAC interfaces
- 100BASE-TX RGMII latency transmit: <124 ns, receive <250 ns
- 100BASE-TX MII latency transmit: <52 ns, receive <248 ns
- EMC test standards
- IEC 61000-4-5 surge (±4 kV)
- IEC 61000-4-4 electrical fast transient (EFT) (±4 kV)
- IEC 61000-4-6 conducted immunity (10 V)
- EN55032 radiated emissions (Class A)
- EN55032 conducted emissions (Class A)
- Unmanaged configuration using multilevel pin strapping
- EEE in accordance with IEEE 802.3az
- Start of packet detection for IEEE 1588 time stamp support
- Enhanced link detection
- Configurable LED
- Crystal oscillator/clock input: 25 MHz
- 25 MHz/125 MHz synchronous clock output
- Small package and wide temperature range
- 32-lead, 5 mm × 5 mm LFCSP
- Specified for −40°C to +105°C and −40°C to +85°C ambient operation
- Low power consumption
- 139 mW for 100BASE-TX
- 3.3 V/2.5 V/1.8 V MAC interface VDDIO supply
- Single-supply operation with 3.3 V VDDIO
- Integrated power supply monitoring and POR
The ADIN1200 is a low power, single-port, 10 Mbps and 100 Mbps Ethernet transceiver with low latency specifications designed for industrial Ethernet applications.
This design integrates an energy efficient Ethernet (EEE) physical layer device (PHY) core with all associated common analog circuitry, input and output clock buffering, management interface and subsystem registers, and media access control (MAC) interface and control logic to manage the reset, clock control and pin configuration.
The ADIN1200 is available in a 5 mm × 5 mm, 32-lead lead frame chip scale package (LFCSP) and can operate with a single 3.3 V supply, assuming the use of a 3.3 V MAC interface supply. For maximum flexibility in system level design, a separate VDDIO supply enables the management data input/output (MDIO) and MAC interface supply voltages to be configured independently of the other circuitry on the ADIN1200 allowing operation at 1.8 V, 2.5 V, or 3.3 V. At power-up, the ADIN1200 is held in hardware reset until each of the supplies has crossed its minimum rising threshold value and the power is considered good. Brownout protection is provided by monitoring the supplies to detect if one or more of them drops below a minimum falling threshold and holding the device in hardware reset until the power supplies return and satisfy the power-on-reset (POR) circuit.
The MII management interface (also referred to as MDIO interface) provides a 2-wire serial interface between a host processor or MAC and the ADIN1200, allowing access to control and status information in the PHY core management registers. The interface is compatible with both IEEE® 802.3™ Standard Clause 22 and Clause 45 management frame structures.
The ADIN1200 can support cable lengths up to 180 meters.
Note that throughout this data sheet, multifunction pins, such as XTAL_I/CLK_IN/REF_CLK, are referred to either by the entire pin name or by a single function of the pin, for example, XTAL_I, when only that function is relevant.
- Industrial automation
- Process control
- Factory automation
- Robotics and motion Control
- Building automation
- Test and Measurement
- Industrial internet of things (IoT)
Markets & Technology
- Instrumentation & Measurement
- Building Technology
- Industrial Automation Technology (IAT)
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The EVAL-ADIN1200FMCZ allows simplified evaluation of the key features of the ADIN1200 robust, industrial, low power 10 Mbps and 100 Mbps Ethernet physical layer (PHY). The EVAL-ADIN1200FMCZ is powered by a single, external, 5 V supply rail that can be supplied either via the EXT_5V connector or via the P4 plug.
All chip supplies are regulated from the 5 V rail providing supply rails required for AVDD_3P3 and VDDIO.
The P3 field programmable gate array (FPGA) mezzanine card (FMC) connector is provided for connection to a master FPGA system for the media access control (MAC) interface and management data input/output (MDIO) control. The P5 connector provides an alternative means for MDIO control. The EVAL-ADIN1200FMCZ is fitted with a 25 MHz crystal (Y1).
For complete specifications for the ADIN1200 device, see the ADIN1200 data sheet, which must be consulted in conjunction with this user guide when using the EVAL-ADIN1200FMCZ.
Features & Benefits
- FMC connector for MII interface, MDIO signals, and status signals
- Accessible, surface-mount configuration resistors and dial switches
- Operates from a single, external, 5 V supply
Software & Systems Requirements
Tools & Simulations
Press Releases (1)
Technical Articles (6)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Support & Discussions
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.