Features and Benefits
- Download ADA4800-KGD Data Sheet. Available as Known Good Die and fully guaranteed to data sheet specifications.
- Integrated active load and gain of 1 buffer
- Very low buffer power consumption as low as 20 mW on chip
- Power save feature to reduce active load current by GPO control
- Fast settling time to 1%, 2 V step: 5 ns
- High buffer speed
- 400 MHz, −3 dB bandwidth
- 415 V/μs slew rate
- Adjustable buffer bandwidth
- Push-pull output stage
- Adjustable active load current
- Small package: 1.6 mm × 1.6 mm × 0.55 mm
Product DetailsThe ADA4800 is a voltage buffer amplifier integrated with an active load. The buffer is a low power, high speed, low noise, high slew rate, fast settling, fixed gain of 1 monolithic amplifier for charge-coupled device (CCD) applications. For CCD applications, the active load current source (IAL) can load the open source CCD sensor outputs and the buffer can drive the AFE load. The active current load can also be switched off, to use the ADA4800 as just a unity gain buffer. The buffer consumes only 20 mW of static power. In applications where power savings is critical, the ADA4800 features a power save mode (see the Power Save Mode section), which further reduces the total current consumption. The bandwidth of the ADA4800 buffer is also fully adjustable through the IDRV pin.
The buffer of the ADA4800 employs a push-pull output stage architecture, providing drive current and maximum slew capability for both rising and falling signal transitions. At a 5 mA quiescent current setting, it provides 400 MHz, −3 dB bandwidth, which makes this buffer well suited for CCD sensors from machine vision to digital still camera applications.
The versatility of the ADA4800 allows for seamless interfacing with many CCD sensors from various manufacturers.
The ADA4800 is designed to operate at supply voltages as low as 4 V and up to 17 V. It is available in a 1.6 mm × 1.6 mm × 0.55 mm, 6-lead LFCSP package and is rated to operate over the industrial temperature range of −40°C to +85°C.
- CCD image sensor output buffer
- Digital still cameras
Markets & Technology
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The AD-96TOF1-EBZ is a proven hardware platform for depth perception. When paired with processor board from the 96Boards eco system, it can be used for 3D software and algorithm development. While the software and algorithms are being developed, the hardware design can be leveraged for productization. ADI can suggest 3rd party developers to help customize the platform to meet individual application needs.
Depending on customer preferences and development experience, different 96Boards processor boards can be used for overall system evaluation and custom development. There is also a Raspberry Pi interface available on the Mezzanine board for extra customer flexibility.
This solution offers the ability to be very small and low power while measuring depth at up to 6m distances, good outdoor and indoor performance and VGA resolution.
It can be used for applications like:
- Industrial automation
- SLAM (Simultaneous Localization and Mapping)
- Augmented Reality
- Virtual Reality
- Automotive sensing
Features & Benefits
The ADI ToF system uses a VGA CCD that enables the user to capture a 640x480 depth map of an image, providing up to 4x higher resolution than many other TOF systems on the market. This enables users to detect and measure the distance to smaller and thinner objects that would otherwise be invisible to other ToF systems. More information is included in our ToF technology page.
- Range: <6m
- FoV: 90° x 69.2°
- Wavelength 940nm
- Near: 25cm – 80cm
- Medium: 30cm – 4.5m
- Far: 3m – 6m
- Accuracy < 2% for all ranges
- Frame Rate: 30 fps max (dependent on application processor, OS and interface to host computer)
- Resolution: 640 x 480 pixels
- Multiple interface options to PC (USB, ETH, WiFi)
- ToF specific API for system control & data acquisition
- Operating system for Linux, Windows, Mac
- Complete open source software framework: wrappers for MATLAB®, Python, RobotOS
- Platform allows for software/algorithm development while hardware can be optimized
- 3rd Party network to help modify platform for individual production needs
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.