Features and Benefits
- High dynamic range, dual DACs
- Low noise and intermodulation distortion
- Single carrier W-CDMA ACLR = 80 dBc at 61.55 MHz
- Innovative switching output stage permits useable outputs beyond Nyquist frequency
- LVCMOS inputs with dual-port or optional interleaved single-port operation
- Differential analog current outputs are programmable from 8.6 mA to 31.7 mA full-scale
- Auxiliary 10-bit current DACs with source/sink capability for external offset nulling
- See data sheet for additional information
The AD9743/AD9745/AD976/AD9747 are pin-compatible, high dynamic range, dual digital-to-analog converters (DACs) with 10-/12-/14-/16-bit resolutions and sample rates of up to 250 MSPS. The devices include specific features for direct conversion transmit applications, including gain and offset compensation, and they interface seamlessly with analog quadrature modulators, such as the ADL5370.
A proprietary, dynamic output architecture permits synthesis of analog outputs even above Nyquist by shifting energy away from the fundamental and into the image frequency.
A serial peripheral interface (SPI) port provides full programmability. In addition, some pin-programmable features are offered for those applications without a controller.
- Low noise and intermodulation distortion (IMD) enables high quality synthesis of wideband signals.
- Proprietary switching output for enhanced dynamic performance.
- Programmable current outputs and dual auxiliary DACs provide flexibility and system enhancements.
- Wireless infrastructure:
W-CDMA, CDMA2000, TD-SCDMA, WiMAX
- Wideband communications:
Radio Frequency (RF) signal generators, arbitrary waveform generators
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (2)
This page contains evaluation board documentation and ordering information for evaluating the AD9746.
Features & Benefits
- Evaluation board for the AD9743/AD9745/AD9746/AD9747
- Includes options to evaluate
DAC and ADL5373 quadrature modulator
- USB interface for configuration
- On-board or external power supply regulation
- On-board or external clock distribution
- Data pattern generator and SPI software interfaces
The SDP-H1 is a high speed controller board for the System Demonstration Platform (SDP). The SDP-H1 has a Xilinx® Spartan 6 and an ADSP-BF527 processor with connectivity to the PC through a USB 2.0 high speed port. Controller boards allow for the configuration and capture of data on daughter boards from the PC via USB.
The SDP-H1 has a FMC low pin count ( LPC) connector with full differential LVDS and singled ended LVCMOS support. It also has the 120 pin connector, found on the SDP-B which exposes the Blackfin processors peripherals. This connector provides a configurable Serial, Parallel I2C and SPI and GPIO communications lines to the attached daughter board. The PC side software application for controlling the attached daughter board is provided with each of the daughter product evaluation boards or Circuits from the Lab reference Circuits.
The System Demonstration Platform is a collection of controller boards, interposer boards, and daughter boards, used for easy, low cost evaluation of ADI components and reference circuits. For a general overview of the entire platform visit the System Demonstration Platform homepage www.analog.com/sdpSee the full list of compatible Product Evaluation Boards and Circuits from the Lab Reference Circuit Boards that require the SDP-B. All SDP-S compatible daughter boards can be used with the SDP-B.
Features & Benefits
- Xilinx® Spartan 6
- 1 x FMC Low Pin Count ( LPC) connector
- LVDS and single ended LVCMOS signaling
- JTAG header
- Blackfin processor ADSP-BF527
- 1 x small Footprint 120 pin connector
- Configurable Peripheral Interfaces SPI, SPORT, I2C, GPIO, Asynchronous Parallel, PPI, Timers
- USB 2.0 interface to the PC
Software & Systems Requirements
ACE Evaluation Software
Tools & Simulations
AD9746 Companion Parts
Recommended Quadrature Modulators
- In wideband communication systems: ADL5370, ADL5371, ADL5372, ADL5373, ADL5374, ADL5375, AD8349, ADL5385, ADL5386.
- For an IQ modulator with integrated PLL and VCO: ADRF6701, ADRF6702, ADRF6703, ADRF6704.
- For 3V power supplies: AD8345, AD8346.
Recommended Clock Drivers
- For a clock and data buffer: ADCLK914.
3rd Party Solutions (1)
Solutions Bulletins & Brochures (1)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.