Features and Benefits
- JESD204B (Subclass 1) coded serial digital outputs
- 1.9 W total power per channel (default settings)
- SFDR = 77 dBFS at 340 MHz
- SNR = 63.4 dBFS at 340 MHz (AIN = −1.0 dBFS)
- Noise density = −152.6 dBFS/Hz
- 1.25 V, 2.50 V, and 3.3 V dc supply operation
- No missing codes
- 1.58 V p-p differential full scale input voltage
- Flexible termination impedance
400 Ω, 200 Ω, 100 Ω, and 50 Ω differential
- 1.5 GHz usable analog input full power bandwidth
- 95 dB channel isolation/crosstalk
- See data sheet for additional features
The AD9691 is a dual, 14-bit, 1.25 GSPS analog-to-digital converter (ADC). The device has an on-chip buffer and sample-and-hold circuit designed for low power, small size, and ease of use. The device is designed for sampling wide bandwidth analog signals of up to 1.5 GHz.
The dual ADC cores feature a multistage, differential pipelined architecture with integrated output error correction logic. Each ADC features wide bandwidth inputs supporting a variety of user-selectable input ranges. An integrated voltage reference eases design considerations.
Each ADC data output is internally connected to two digital downconverters (DDCs). Each DDC consists of four cascaded signal processing stages: a 12-bit frequency translator (NCO) and four half-band decimation filters.
In addition to the DDC blocks, the AD9691 has several functions that simplify the automatic gain control (AGC) function in the communications receiver. The programmable threshold detector allows monitoring of the incoming signal power using the fast detect output bits of the ADC. If the input signal level exceeds the programmable threshold, the fast detect indicator goes high. Because this threshold indicator has low latency, the user can quickly turn down the system gain to avoid an overrange condition at the ADC input.
Users can configure the Subclass 1 JESD204B-based high speed serialized output in a variety of one-, two-, four- or eight-lane configurations, depending on the DDC configuration and the acceptable lane rate of the receiving logic device. Multiple device synchronization is supported through the SYSREF± input pins.
The AD9691 is available in a Pb-free, 88-lead LFCSP and is specified over the −40°C to +85°C industrial temperature range.
- Low power consumption analog core, 14-bit, 1.25 GSPS dual analog-to-digital converter (ADC) with 1.9 W per channel.
- Wide full power bandwidth supports IF sampling of signals up to 1.5 GHz.
- Buffered inputs with programmable input termination eases filter design and implementation.
- Flexible serial port interface (SPI) controls various product features and functions to meet specific system requirements.
- Programmable fast overrange detection.
- 12 mm × 12 mm 88-lead LFCSP.
- Communications (wideband receivers and digital predistortion)
- Instrumentation (spectrum analyzers, network analyzers, integrated RF test solutions)
- DOCSIS 3.x CMTS upstream receive paths
- High speed data acquisition systems
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The AD9680-1000EBZ/AD9234-1000EBZ/AD9690-1000EBZ is an evaluation board for the AD9680-1000 14-Bit, 1000MSPS JESD204B, Dual Analog-to-Digital Converter/ AD9234-1000 14-BIT, 1000 MSPS JESD204B, Dual Analog to Digital Converter/ AD9690-1000 14-Bit, 500 MSPS, 1 GSPS JESD204B, Analog-to-Digital Converter. This reference design provides all of the support circuitry required to operate the ADC in its various modes and configurations. It is designed to interface directly with the ADS7-V2EBZ data capture card, allowing users to download captured data for analysis. The Visual Analog software package, which is used to interface with the device's hardware, allows users to download captured data for analysis with a user-friendly graphical interface. The SPI Controller software package is also compatible with this hardware, and allows the user to access the SPI programmable features of the AD9680/AD9234/AD9690. The user guide wiki provides documentation and instructions to configure the device for performance evaluation in the lab.
The AD9680/AD9234/AD9690 data sheet provides additional information related to device configuration and performance, and should be consulted when using the evaluation board. All documents and Visual Analog and SPI Controller are available at the High Speed ADC Evaluation Boards page. For additional information or questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Analog signal source and antialiasing filter
- Sample Clock Source
- REFCLOCK source for FPGA receiver
- PC running Windows 7, XP or Vista
- USB 2.0 port recommended (USB 1.1 compatible)
- AD9680-1000EBZ Evaluation Board
- ADS7-V2EBZ FPGA Based Data Capture Kit
Tools & Simulations
This command line executable tool generates a Verilog module which implements the JESD204 receive transport layer. The user specifies in a configuration file one or more modes to be supported by the transport layer module. These modes are defined as a set of JESD204 parameter values: L, M, F, S, N', and CF. The transport layer converts JESD204 lane data output from a JESD204 link layer IP to a data bus with a fixed width, containing interleaved virtual converter samples. Both JESD204B and JESD204C link layers are supported.
The JESD204x Frame Mapping Table Generator tool consists of two Windows executables that will allow the user to input any valid combination of JESD204x parameters (L, M, F, S, NP) in order to output a .csv file that illustrates the frame mapping of the JESD204x mode in table format. There is an executable that allows the user to input a single JESD204x mode and another, that allows the user to input the parameters for multiple JESD204x modes in a specified .csv format in order to output a .csv file that illustrates the frame mapping of each of the JESD204x modes that were input into separate tables.
FPGA Interoperability Reports (2)
Technical Articles (1)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Support & Discussions
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.