Features and Benefits
- Fully integrated dual PLL/VCO cores
- 1 integer-N and 1 fractional-N PLL
- Continuous frequency coverage from 11.2 MHz to 200 MHz
- Most frequencies from 200 MHz to 637.5 MHz available
- PLL1 phase jitter (12 kHz to 20 MHz): 460 fs rms typical
- PLL2 phase jitter (12 kHz to 20 MHz)
- Integer-N mode: 470 fs rms typical
- Fractional-N mode: 660 fs rms typical
- Input crystal or reference clock frequency
- Optional reference frequency divide-by-2
- I2C programmable output frequencies
- Up to 4 LVDS/LVPECL or up to 8 LVCMOS output clocks
- 1 CMOS buffered reference clock output
- Spread spectrum: downspread [0, −0.5]%
- 2 pin-controlled frequency maps: margining
- Integrated loop filters
- Space saving, 6 mm × 6 mm, 40-lead LFCSP package
- 1.02 W power dissipation (LVDS operation)
- 1.235 W power dissipation (LVPECL operation)
- 3.3 V operation
The AD9577 provides a multioutput clock generator function, along with two on-chip phase-locked loop cores, PLL1 and PLL2, optimized for network clocking applications. The PLL designs are based on the Analog Devices, Inc., proven portfolio of high performance, low jitter frequency synthesizers to maximize network performance. The PLLs have I2C programmable output frequencies and formats. The fractional-N PLL can support spread spectrum clocking for reduced EMI radiated peak power. Both PLLs can support frequency margining. Other applications with demanding phase noise and jitter requirements can benefit from this part.
The first integer-N PLL section (PLL1) consists of a low noise phase frequency detector (PFD), a precision charge pump (CP), a low phase noise voltage controlled oscillator (VCO), a programmable feedback divider, and two independently programmable output dividers. By connecting an external crystal or applying a reference clock to the REFCLK pin, frequencies of up to 637.5 MHz can be synchronized to the input reference. Each output divider and feedback divider ratio is I2C programmed for the required output rates.
A second fractional-N PLL (PLL2) with a programmable modulus allows VCO frequencies that are fractional multiples of the reference frequency to be synthesized. Each output divider and feedback divider ratio can be programmed for the required output rates, up to 637.5 MHz. This fractional-N PLL can also operate in integer-N mode for the lowest jitter.
Up to four differential output clock signals can be configured as either LVPECL or LVDS signaling formats. Alternatively, the outputs can be configured for up to eight CMOS outputs. Combinations of these formats are supported. No external loop filter components are required, thus conserving valuable design time and board space. The AD9577 is available in a 40-lead, 6 mm × 6 mm LFCSP package and can operate from a single 3.3 V supply. The operating temperature range is −40°C to +85°C.
- Low jitter, low phase noise multioutput clock generator for data communications applications including Ethernet, Fibre Channel, SONET, SDH, PCI-e, SATA, PTN, OTN, ADC/DAC, and digital video
- Spread spectrum clocking
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
AD9577 Companion Parts
Recommended Clock Drivers
- For low jitter performance: AD9512, AD9513, AD9514, AD9515.
- For clock/data fanout buffers: ADCLK925, ADCLK944, ADCLK948, ADCLK854, ADCLK846.
Recommended Linear Regulator
- For a low noise, low dropout, high output current: ADP7104.
Recommended Switching Controller
- For a versatile and synchronous PWM buck controller: ADP1828.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.View our quality and reliability program and certifications for more information.
|Part Number||Material Declaration||Reliability Data||Pin/Package Drawing||CAD Symbols, Footprints & 3D Models|
|AD9577BCPZ||Material Declaration||Reliability Data||40-Lead LFCSP (6mm x 6mm w/ EP)|
|AD9577BCPZ-R7||Material Declaration||Reliability Data||40-Lead LFCSP (6mm x 6mm w/ EP)|
|AD9577BCPZ-RL||Material Declaration||Reliability Data||40-Lead LFCSP (6mm x 6mm w/ EP)|
|Wafer Fabrication Data|
Select a model from the dropdown below to subscribe to PCN/PDN notifications and view past notifications as well.
Sample & Buy
See our Ordering FAQs for answers to questions about online orders, payment options and more.
Buy Now Pricing
(**) Displayed Buy Now Price and Price Range is based on small quantity orders.
(*)The 1Ku list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Please see the latest communication from our CCO regarding lead times.
A Sample link will be shown above, next to the part, only for parts that are included in our sample program. Selecting the Sample button will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece.
Up to two boards can be purchased through Analog.com. To order more than two, please purchase through one of our listed distributors.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece. The USA list pricing shown is for budgetary use only, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit), and is subject to change. International prices may vary due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates.