Features and Benefits
- Throughput: 1.25 MSPS
- INL: ±2 LSB typical, ±3 LSB max; ±8 ppm of full scale
- 18-bit resolution with no missing codes
- Dynamic range: 95.5 dB
- SINAD: 93.5 dB typical @ 20 kHz (VREF = 2.5 V)
- THD: −112 dB typical @ 20 kHz (VREF = 2.5 V)
- No pipeline delay (SAR architecture)
- Pb-free, 48-lead LQFP and 48-lead LFCSP
- Pin compatible with the AD7641 and other PulSAR ADC’s
- 2.048 V internal reference: typical drift 10 ppm/°C; TEMP output
- Differential input range: ±VREF
(VREF up to 2.5 V)
- Parallel (18-, 16-, or 8-bit bus) and serial 5 V/3.3 V/2.5 V interface
- SPI®/QSPI™/MICROWIRE™/DSP compatible
- Single 2.5 V supply operation
- Power dissipation
- 65 mW typical @ 1.25 MSPS with internal REF
- 2 μW in power-down mode
The AD7643 is an 18-bit, 1.25 MSPS, charge redistribution SAR, fully differential, analog-to-digital converter (ADC) that operates from a single 2.5 V power supply. The part contains a high speed, 18-bit sampling ADC, an internal conversion clock, an internal reference (and buffer), error correction circuits, and both serial and parallel system interface ports. The part has no latency and can be used in asynchronous rate applications. The AD7643 is hardware factory calibrated and tested to ensure ac parameters, such as signal-to-noise ratio (SNR), in addition to the more traditional dc parameters of gain, offset, and linearity. The AD7643 is available in Pb-free only packages with operation specified from −40°C to +85°C.
- Fast Throughput. The AD7643 is a 1.25MSPS, charge redistribution, 18-bit SAR ADC.
- Superior Linearity. The AD7643 has no missing 18-bit code.
- Internal Reference. The AD7643 has a 2.048 V internal reference with a typical drift of ±10 ppm/°C and an on-chip TEMP sensor.
- Single-Supply Operation. The AD7643 operates from a 2.5 V single supply.
- Serial or Parallel Interface. Versatile parallel (18-, 16-, or 8-bit bus) or 2-wire serial interface arrangement compatible with 2.5 V, 3.3 V, or 5 V logic.
- Medical instruments
- High speed data acquisition/high dynamic data acquisition
- Digital signal processing
- Spectrum analysis
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The EVAL-AD7643EDZ is a fully featured evaluation Kit for the AD7643. This board operates in stand alone mode or in conjunction with the Converter Evaluation and Development board, EVAL-CED1Z . When operated with the Converter Evaluation and Development board, software is provided enabling the user to perform detailed analysis of the ADC's performance. This software includes the technical note describing the operation and set up of the evaluation board in standalone operation or when operated with the Converter Evaluation and Development board.
AD7643 Companion Parts
Recommended Driver Amplifiers
- For single-ended to differential driver applications: AD8139, ADA4930-1.
- For low noise, high gain bandwidth: AD8021, ADA4899-1, AD8022.
- For low noise, low distortion, low power: ADA4841-1.
- For a fully differential attenuating precision amplifier: AD8475.
Recommended External Voltage References
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Support & Discussions
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.