Features and Benefits
- 16 Bits Resolution with No Missing Codes
- No Pipeline Delay ( SAR architecture )
- Differential Input Range: ±VREF (VREF up to 2.5V)
3 MSPS (Wideband Warp and Warp Mode)
2 MSPS (Normal Mode)
1.25 MSPS (Impulse Mode)
- INL ±2 LSB Max (±30 ppm of FS)
- SINAD: 89 dB Typ @ 100 kHz
- THD: -103 dB Typ @ 100 kHz
- Parallel (16 or 8 bits bus) and Serial 5 V/3.3 V/2.5 V Interface
- SPI®/QSPI™/MICROWIRE™/DSP Compatible
- On-board Low Drift Reference with Buffer and Temperature Sensor
- Single 2.5 V Supply Operation
- Power Dissipation: 70 mW Typ @ 3 MSPS With REF
Product DetailsThe AD7621 is a 16-bit, 3 MSPS, charge redistribution SAR, fully differential analog-to-digital converter that operates from a single 2.5 V power supply. The part contains a high-speed 16-bit sampling ADC, an internal conversion clock, an internal reference buffer, error correction circuits, and both serial and parallel system interface ports.
It features a very high sampling rate mode (Wideband Warp) for undersampling applications and, for asynchronous conversion rate applications, a fast mode (Normal) and, for low power applications, a reduced power mode (Impulse) where the power is scaled with the throughput.
It is available in a 48-lead LQFP or a 48-lead LFCSP with operation specified from –40°C to +85°C.
- Medical instruments
- High speed data acquisition
- Digital signal processing
- Spectrum analysis
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The EVAL-AD7621CBZ is a fully featured evaluation kit for the AD7621. This board operates in stand alone mode or in conjunction with the Converter Evaluation and Development board, EVAL-CED1Z . When operated with the Converter Evaluation and Development board, software is provided enabling the user to perform detailed analysis of the ADC's performance. This software includes the technical note describing the operation and set up of the evaluation board in standalone operation or when operated with the Converter Evaluation and Development board.
Tools & Simulations
AD7621 Companion Parts
Recommended Driver Amplifiers
- For low noise, low distortion, low power: ADA4841-1.
- For single-ended to differential driver applications: AD8139, ADA4930-1.
- For low noise, high gain bandwidth: AD8021, ADA4899-1, AD8022.
- For a fully differential attenuating precision amplifier: AD8475.
Recommended External Voltage References
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Support & Discussions
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.