New Content (2)
Rarely Asked QuestionsManipulating MCU SPI Interface to Access a Nonstandard SPI ADC
Features and Benefits
- 16-bit ADC with 800 kSPS on all channels
- Input buffer with 5 MΩ analog input impedance
- Pin to pin compatible with the AD7606
- −40°C to +125°C operating temperature range
- Single 5 V analog supply and 1.71 V to 3.6 V VDRIVE supply
- ±21 V input clamp protection with 8 kV ESD
- Extra modes available in software mode
- Per channel selectable analog input ranges
- Single-ended, bipolar: ±10 V, ±5 V, and ±2.5 V
- Per channel system phase, offset, and gain calibration
- Analog input open circuit detection feature
- <20 LSB open circuit code error (RPD = 10 kΩ)
- Self diagnostics and monitoring features
- CRC error checking on read/write data and registers
- Per channel selectable analog input ranges
The AD7606B is a 16-bit, simultaneous sampling, analog-to-digital data acquisition system (DAS) with eight channels, each channel containing analog input clamp protection, a programable gain amplifier (PGA), a low-pass filter, and a 16-bit successive approximation register (SAR), analog-to-digital converter (ADC). The AD7606B also contains a flexible digital filter, low drift, 2.5 V precision reference and reference buffer to drive the ADC and flexible parallel and serial interfaces.
The AD7606B operates from a single 5 V supply and accommodates ±10 V, ±5 V, and ±2.5 V true bipolar input ranges when sampling at throughput rates of 800 kSPS for all channels. The input clamp protection tolerates voltages up to ±21 V. The AD7606B has a 5 MΩ analog input impedance, resulting in less than 20 LSB bipolar zero code when the input signal is disconnected and pulled to ground through a 10 kΩ external resistor. The single supply operation, on-chip filtering, and high input impedance eliminates the need for external driver op amps, which require bipolar supplies. For applications with lower throughput rates, the AD7606B flexible digital filter can be used to improve noise performance.
In hardware mode, the AD7606B is fully compatible with the AD7606. In software mode, the following advanced features are available:
- Additional ±2.5 V analog input range.
- Analog input range (±10 V, ±5 V, and ±2.5 V), selectable per channel.
- Additional oversampling (OS) options, up to OS × 256.
- System gain, system offset, and system phase calibration per channel.
- Analog input open circuit detector.
- Diagnostic multiplexer.
- Monitoring functions (serial peripheral interface (SPI) invalid read/write, cyclic redundancy check (CRC), overvoltage and undervoltage events, busy stuck monitor, and reset detection).
Note that throughout this data sheet, multifunction pins, such as the RD/SCLK pin, are referred to either by the entire pin name or by a single function of the pin, for example, the SCLK pin, when only that function is relevant.
- Power line monitoring
- Protective relays
- Multiphase motor control
- Instrumentation and control systems
- Data acquisition systems
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The EVAL-AD7606BFMCZ is a full featured evaluation board that allows users to easily evaluate the features of the AD7606B analog-to-digital converter (ADC). The EVAL-AD7606BFMCZ can be controlled by the system demonstration platform controller board (EVAL-SDP-CH1Z (SDP-H1)). The EVAL-SDP-CH1Z (SDP-H1) allows the EVAL-AD7606BFMCZ to be controlled through the USB port of a PC using the AD7606B evaluation software. The software is available for download from the AD7606B product page.
On-board components include an ADP7118 5 V, low noise low dropout regulator (LDO) and an ADR4525 high precision, band gap voltage reference.
Full data on the AD7606B is available in the AD7606B data sheet, which must be consulted in conjunction with this user guide. Full details on the EVAL-SDP-CH1Z are available on the SDP-H1 product page.
Features & Benefits
- Full featured evaluation board for the AD7606B
- On-board power supplies
- Standalone capability
- SDP-H1 compatible (EVAL-SDP-CH1Z (SDP-H1))
- PC software for control and data analysis (download from the AD7606B product page)
- Time and frequency domain
Software & Systems Requirements
AD7606B Device Drivers
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.