Features and Benefits
- Complete quad, 16-bit digital-to-analog converter (DAC)
- Programmable output range ±10 V, ±10.2564 V, or ±10.5263 V
- ±1 LSB maximum INL error,
±1 LSB maximum DNL error
- Low noise: 60 nV/√Hz
- Settling time: 10 μs maximum
- Integrated reference buffers
- Output control during power-up/brownout
- Programmable short-circuit protection
- See Data Sheet for Additional Information
Product DetailsNewer Alternatives:
- AD5764R Quad, 16-Bit, 1LSB INL, Bipolar Voltage Output DAC with Internal Reference
- AD5754R Complete, Quad, 16-Bit, Unipolar/Bipolar Voltage Output DAC with Internal Reference
- AD5754 Complete, Quad, 16-Bit, Unipolar/Bipolar Voltage Output DAC
The AD5764 is a quad, 16-bit, serial input, bipolar voltage output DAC that operates from supply voltages of ±11.4 V to ±16.5 V. Nominal full-scale output range is ±10 V. The AD5764 provides integrated output amplifiers, reference buffers, and proprietary power-up/power-down control circuitry. The part also features a digital I/O port that is programmed via the serial interface. The part incorporates digital offset and gain adjust registers per channel.
The AD5764 is a high performance converter that offers guaranteed monotonicity, integral nonlinearity (INL) of ±1 LSB, low noise, and 10 μs settling time. During power-up (when the supply voltages are changing), VOUTx is clamped to 0 V via a low impedance path.
The AD5764 uses a serial interface that operates at clock rates of up to 30 MHz and is compatible with DSP and microcontroller interface standards. Double buffering allows the simultaneous updating of all DACs. The input coding is programmable to either twos complement or offset binary formats. The asynchronous clear function clears the data register to either bipolar zero or zero scale depending on the coding used. The AD5764 is ideal for both closed-loop servo control and open-loop control applications. The AD5764 is available in a 32-lead TQFP, and offers guaranteed specifications over the −40°C to +85°C industrial temperature range. See Figure 1 for the functional block diagram.
- Industrial automation
- Open-loop/closed-loop servo control
- Process control
- Data acquisition systems
- Automatic test equipment
- Automotive test and measurement
- High accuracy instrumentation
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The evaluation board for the AD5764 uses the printer port to conect to a PC, using the software provided to control the part.
Data Sheets (2)
Software & Systems Requirements
AD5764 Companion Parts
Recommended Digital Isolators
- For digital isolators with integrated isolated power: ADUM5401.
- For process control applications: ADUM1401.
- For isolated USB designs in healthcare and industrial control: ADUM4160.
- For cost sensitive designs: ADUM7441.
Solutions Bulletins & Brochures (1)
Technical Articles (1)
Analog Dialogue (1)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.