Features and Benefits
- Low power, dual 16-bit nanoDAC
- Relative accuracy: ±12 LSBs maximum
- Guaranteed monotonic by design
- 10-lead MSOP and 3 mm × 3 mm LFCSP_WD
- 2.7 V to 5.5 V power supply
- Per channel power-down
- Power-on reset to zero scale or midscale
- Hardware LDAC and CLR functions
- Serial interface; up to 50 MHz
The AD5663, a member of th nanoDAC® family, is a low power, dual, 16-bit buffered voltage-out DAC that operates from a single 2.7 V to 5.5 V supply and is guaranteed monotonic by design.
The AD5663 requires an external reference voltage to set the output range of the DAC. The part incorporates a power-on reset circuit that ensures the DAC output powers up to 0 V or midscale (AD5663BRMZ-1) and remains there until a valid write takes place. The part contains a power-down feature that reduces the current consumption of the device to 480 nA at 5 V and provides software-selectable output loads while in power-down mode.
The low power consumption of this part in normal operation makes it ideally suited to portable, battery-operated equipment. The power consumption is 1.25 mW at 5 V, going down to 2.4 μW in power-down mode.
The on-chip precision output amplifier of the AD5663 allows rail-to-rail output swing to be achieved.
The AD5663 uses a versatile, 3-wire serial interface that operates at clock rates up to 50 MHz and is compatible with standard SPI®, QSPI™, MICROWIRE™, and DSP interface standards.
- Dual 16-bit DAC; relative accuracy of ±12 LSBs maximum.
- Available in 10-lead MSOP and 10-lead, 3 mm × 3 mm LFCSP_WD packages.
- Low power; typically consumes 0.6 mW at 3 V and 1.25 mW at 5 V.
- 7 μs maximum settling time.
- Process control
- Data acquisition systems
- Portable battery-powered instruments
- Digital gain and offset adjustment
- Programmable voltage and current sources
- Programmable attenuators
Markets and Technologies
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The evaluation board is designed to allow straightforward customer evaluation of the device using the hardware and software provided. The evaluation board can also be used to quickly create a prototype with the AD5663R/AD5667R, reducing design time. The AD5663R/AD5667R operate from a single 2.7 V to 5.5 V supply. These are 16-bit, dual-channel, voltage output digital-to-analog converters (DACs). The AD5663R uses a serial peripheral interface (SPI) for configuration and control, whereas the AD5667R uses an I2C interface.
Full data on the AD5663R/AD5667R can be found in the appropriate data sheets available from Analog Devices and should be consulted in conjunction with the user guide UG-991 when using the evaluation board.
The evaluation board interfaces to the USB port of a PC via the SDP board.
This evaluation board requires the EVAL-SDP-CB1Z board (SDP-B controller board).
Features & Benefits
- Full featured evaluation board for the AD5663R and AD5667R
- Flexible configuration options
- On-board references
- PC control in conjunction with Analog Devices, Inc.
- EVAL-SDP-CB1Z system demonstration platform (SDP)
Software & Systems Requirements
Tools & Simulations
Precision DAC Error Budget Tool
The Precision DAC Error Budget Tool is a web application that calculates the DC Accuracy of precision DAC signal chains. It shows how the static errors accumulate throughout your signal chain to quickly evaluate the design tradeoffs. Calculations include the DC errors introduced by Voltage References, Operation Amplifiers and Precision DACs.
AD5663 Companion Parts
Recommended Digital Isolators
- For isolated USB designs in healthcare and industrial control: ADUM4160.
- For process control applications: ADUM1300.
- For cost sensitive designs: ADUM7440, ADUM7441.
- For digital isolators with integrated isolated power: ADUM5401.
Solutions Bulletins & Brochures (1)
Technical Articles (1)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Support & Discussions
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.