Features and Benefits
- High relative accuracy (INL): ±2 LSB maximum at 16 bits
- Low drift 2.5 V reference: 2 ppm/°C typical
- Tiny package: 3 mm × 3 mm, 16-lead LFCSP
- TUE: ±0.1% of FSR maximum
- Offset error: ±1.5 mV maximum
- Gain error: ±0.1% of FSR maximum
- High drive capability: 20 mA, 0.5 V from supply rails
- User-selectable gain of 1 or 2 (GAIN pin)
- Reset to zero scale or midscale (RSTSEL pin)
- 1.8 V logic compatibility
- 50 MHz SPI with readback or daisy chain
- Low glitch: 0.5 nV-sec
- Low power: 3.3 mW at 3 V
- 2.7 V to 5.5 V power supply
- −40°C to +105°C temperature range
- AEC-Q100 qualified for automotive applications
- Download AD5689R-EP Data Sheet (pdf)
- Temperature range: −55°C to +125°C
- Controlled manufacturing baseline
- 1 assembly/test site
- 1 fabrication site
- Enhanced product change notification
- Qualification data available on request
- V62/14634 DSCC Drawing Number
The AD5689R/AD5687R members of the nanoDAC+™ family are low power, dual, 16-/12-bit buffered voltage output digital-to-analog converters (DACs). The devices include a 2.5 V, 2 ppm/°C internal reference (enabled by default) and a gain select pin giving a full-scale output of 2.5 V (gain = 1) or 5 V (gain = 2). The devices operate from a single 2.7 V to 5.5 V supply, are guaranteed monotonic by design, and exhibit less than 0.1% FSR gain error and 1.5 mV offset error performance. Both devices are available in a 3 mm × 3 mm LFCSP and a TSSOP package.
The AD5689R/AD5687R also incorporate a power-on reset circuit and a RSTSEL pin that ensure that the DAC outputs power up to zero scale or midscale and remain there until a valid write takes place. Each part contains a per channel power-down feature that reduces the current consumption of the device to 4 μA at 3 V while in power-down mode.
The AD5689R/AD5687R use a versatile serial peripheral interface (SPI) that operates at clock rates up to 50 MHz. Both devices contain a VLOGIC pin that is intended for 1.8 V/3 V/5 V logic.
- High Relative Accuracy (INL).
AD5689R (16-bit): ±2 LSB maximum
AD5687R (12-bit): ±1 LSB maximum
- Low Drift 2.5 V On-Chip Reference.
2 ppm/°C typical temperature coefficient
5 ppm/°C maximum temperature coefficient
- Two Package Options.
3 mm × 3 mm, 16-lead LFCSP
- Optical transceivers
- Base station power amplifiers
- Process control (PLC I/O cards)
- Industrial automation
- Data acquisition systems
Markets & Technology
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The EVAL-AD5686RSDZ evaluation board is designed to help users quickly prototype AD5686R circuits and reduce design time. The AD5686R operates from a single 2.7 V to 5.5 V supply. The AD5686R incorporates an internal 2.5 V reference to give an output voltage of 2.5 V or 5 V. The evaluation board also incorporates additional voltage references.
The EVAL-AD5686RSDZ evaluation board interfaces to the USB port of a PC via a system demonstration platform (SDP) board. The analysis control evaluation (ACE) software is available for download from the EVAL-AD5686RSDZ product page to use with the evaluation board to allow the user to program the AD5686R. A PMOD connection is also available to allow the connection of microcontrollers to the evaluation board without the SDP board. Note that when a microcontroller is used through the PMOD connection, the SDP board must be disconnected, and the user is unable to operate the ACE software.
The EVAL-AD5686RSDZ evaluation board is compatible with any Analog Devices SDP board, which can be purchased separately.
For full details, see the AD5686R data sheet, which must be consulted in conjunction with user guide (UG-725) when using the evaluation board.
Features & Benefits
- Full featured evaluation board for the AD5686R
- On-board references
- Various link options
- PC control in conjunction with the Analog Devices, Inc., System Demonstration Platform (SDP)
Software & Systems Requirements
Tools & Simulations
LTspice® is a powerful, fast and free simulation software, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of analog circuits.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.