Features and Benefits
- 12-bit resolution and monotonicity
- Current output ranges: 4 mA to 20 mA, 0 mA to 20 mA, or 0 mA to 24 mA
- ±0.01% FSR typical total unadjusted error (TUE)
- ±3 ppm/°C typical output drift
- Flexible serial digital interface
- On-chip output fault detection
- On-chip reference (10 ppm/°C maximum)
- Feedback/monitoring of output current
- Asynchronous clear function
- Power supply (AVDD) range
- 10.8 V to 40 V; AD5410AREZ/AD5420AREZ
- 10.8 V to 60 V; AD5410ACPZ/AD5420ACPZ
- Output loop compliance to AVDD − 2.5 V
- Temperature range: −40°C to +85°C
- 24-lead TSSOP and 40-lead LFCSP packages
The AD5410/AD5420 are low cost, precision, fully integrated 12-/16-bit converters offering a programmable current source output designed to meet the requirements of industrial process control applications. The output current range is programmable at 4 mA to 20 mA, 0 mA to 20 mA, or an overrange function of 0 mA to 24 mA. The output is open-circuit protected. The device operates with a power supply (AVDD) range from 10.8 V to 60 V. Output loop compliance is 0 V to AVDD − 2.5 V.
The flexible serial interface is SPI, MICROWIRE™, QSPI™, and DSP compatible and can be operated in 3-wire mode to minimize the digital isolation required in isolated applications.
The device also includes a power-on reset function, ensuring that the device powers up in a known state, and an asynchronous CLEAR pin that sets the output to the low end of the selected current range.
The total unadjusted error is typically ±0.01% FSR.
- Process control
- Actuator control
- HART network connectivity
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The evaluation board can be used as a standalone board, with control coming from an external DSP or microcontroller, or it can be connected to a PC via USB interface. Software is provided that can be used to program the registers of the AD5420 via the USB interface to the PC.
Please note: This Evaluation software does not run on Windows 8 or Windows 10 (USB driver is non-compliant with OS >Windows 7).
Tools & Simulations
Precision DAC Error Budget Tool
The Precision DAC Error Budget Tool is a web application that calculates the DC Accuracy of precision DAC signal chains. It shows how the static errors accumulate throughout your signal chain to quickly evaluate the design tradeoffs. Calculations include the DC errors introduced by Voltage References, Operation Amplifiers and Precision DACs.
AD5410 Companion Parts
Recommended Digital Isolators
- For digital isolators with integrated isolated power: ADUM5401, ADUM5402, ADUM5403.
- For isolated USB designs in healthcare and industrial control: ADUM4160.
- For cost sensitive designs: ADUM7440, ADUM7441, ADUM7442.
- For process control applications: ADUM1400, ADUM1200.
Recommended Low Power Hart Modem
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.