Features and Benefits
- Low power dual 12-/14-/16-bit DAC, ±1 LSB INL
- Individual voltage reference pins
- Rail-to-rail operation
- 4.5 V to 5.5 V power supply
- Power-on reset to zero scale or midscale
- Power down to 400 nA at 5 V
- 3 power-down functions
- Per channel power-down
- Low glitch upon power-up
- Hardware power-down lockout capability
- Hardware LDAC with software LDAC override function
- CLR function to programmable code
- SDO daisy-chaining option
- 14-lead TSSOP
The AD5025 / AD5045 / AD5065 are low power, dual 12-/14-/16-bit buffered voltage output nanoDAC® DACs offering relative accuracy specifications of ±1 LSB INL with individual reference pins, and can operate from a single 4.5 V to 5.5 V supply. The AD5025 / AD5045 / AD5065 also offer a differential accuracy specification of ±1 LSB. The parts use a versatile 3-wire, low power Schmitt trigger serial interface that operates at clock rates up to 50 MHz and is compatible with standard SPI®, QSPI™, MICROWIRE™, and DSP interface standards. The reference for the AD5025 / AD5045 / AD5065 are supplied from an external pin and a reference buffer is provided on chip. The AD5025 / AD5045 / AD5065 incorporate a power-on reset circuit that ensures the DAC output powers up zero scale or midscale and remains there until a valid write takes place to the device. The AD5025 / AD5045 / AD5065 contain a power-down feature that reduces the current consumption of the device to typically 400 nA at 5 V and provides software selectable output loads while in power-down mode. The parts are put into power-down mode over the serial interface. Total unadjusted error for the parts is <2.5 mV. The parts exhibit very low glitch on power-up. The outputs of all DACs can be updated simultaneously using the LDAC function, with the added functionality of user-selectable DAC channels to simultaneously update. There is also an asynchronous CLR that clears all DACs to a software-selectable code—0 V, midscale, or full scale. The parts also feature a power-down lockout pin, PDL, which can be used to prevent the DAC from entering power-down under any circumstances over the serial interface.
- Dual channel available in a 14-lead TSSOP package with individual voltage reference pins.
- 12-/14-/16-bit accurate, ±1 LSB INL.
- Low glitch on power-up.
- High speed serial interface with clock speeds up to 50 MHz.
- Three power-down modes available to the user.
- Reset to known output voltage (zero scale or midscale).
- Power-down lockout capability.
- Process controls
- Data acquisition systems
- Portable battery-powered instruments
- Digital gain and offset adjustment
- Programmable voltage and current sources
- Programmable attenuators
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
AD5025 Companion Parts
Recommended Output Amplifiers
Recommended Precision References
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.