Features and Benefits
- 1 A maximum output current
- Low input voltage supply range
- VIN = 1.10 V to 1.98 V, no external bias supply required
- Fixed output voltage range: VOUT_FIXED = 0.9 V to 1.5 V
- Adjustable output voltage range: VOUT_ADJ = 0.5 V to 1.5 V
- Ultralow noise: 2 μV rms, 100 Hz to 100 kHz
- Noise spectral density
- 4 nV/√Hz at 10 kHz
- 3 nV/√Hz at 100 kHz
- Low dropout voltage: 30 mV typical at 1 A load
- Operating supply current: 4.5 mA typical at no load
- ±1.5% fixed output voltage accuracy over line, load, and temperature
- Excellent power supply rejection ratio (PSRR) performance
- 67 dB typical at 10 kHz at 1 A load
- 51 dB typical at 100 kHz at 1 A load
- Excellent load/line transient response
- Soft start to reduce inrush current
- Optimized for small 10 μF ceramic capacitors
- Current-limit and thermal overload protection
- Power-good indicator
- Precision enable
- 16-lead, 3 mm × 3 mm LFCSP package
- AEC-Q100 qualified for automotive applications
The ADP1761 is a low noise, low dropout (LDO) linear regulator. It is designed to operate from a single input supply with an input voltage as low as 1.10 V, without the requirement of an external bias supply to increase efficiency and provide up to 1 A of output current.
The low 30 mV typical dropout voltage at a 1 A load allows the ADP1761 to operate with a small headroom while maintaining regulation and providing better efficiency. The ADP1761 is optimized for stable operation with small 10 μF ceramic output capacitors.
The ADP1761 delivers optimal transient performance with minimal board area.
The ADP1761 is available in fixed output voltages ranging from 0.9 V to 1.5 V. The output of the adjustable output model can be set from 0.5 V to 1.5 V through an external resistor connected between VADJ and ground.
The ADP1761 has an externally programmable soft start time by connecting a capacitor to the SS pin. Short-circuit and thermal overload protection circuits prevent damage in adverse conditions. The ADP1761 is available in a small 16-lead LFCSP package for the smallest footprint solution to meet a variety of applications.
- Regulation to noise sensitive applications such as radio frequency (RF) transceivers, analog-to-digital converter (ADC) and digital-to-analog converter (DAC) circuits, phase-locked loops (PLLs), voltage controlled oscillators (VCOs) and clocking integrated circuits
- Field-programmable gate array (FPGA) and digital signal processor (DSP) supplies
- Medical and healthcare
- Industrial and instrumentation
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (2)
The ADP1761, ADP1762, and ADP1763 evaluation boards demonstrate the functionality of the ADP1761, ADP1762, and ADP1763 series of linear regulators.
Simple device measurements, such as line and load regulation, dropout voltage, and ground current, are demonstrated with only a single voltage supply, a voltmeter, an ammeter, and load resistors.
For full details on the ADP1761, ADP1762, and ADP1763 line regulators, see the ADP1761, ADP1762, and ADP1763 data sheets, which should be consulted in conjunction with the user guide, UG-954, when using this evaluation board.
The AD-FMComms11-EBZ board is a system platform board for communication infrastructure applications that demonstrates the Direct to RF (DRF) transmitter and observation receiver architecture. Using high sample rate RFDAC(s) and RFADC(s), a number of components in previous generation transmitters can be eliminated, such as mixers, modulators, IF amplifiers and filters. The objective being to bring the ADC or DAC as close to the antenna as possible, leading to possibly more cost effective and efficient communications solution.
It is composed of multi-GSPS RF ADC and DAC, AD9625 and AD9162 respectively. The transmit path contains a balun, low pass filter, gain block and variable attenuation to produce an output appropriate for a power amplifier module. Along the observation path, the PA output is coupled back into the board through a variable attenuator, a balun and finally the ADC. Clock management is taken care of on board; all the necessary clocks are generated from a reference. Power management is present as well.
Features & Benefits
- 16-bit 12GSPS RFDAC
- JESD204B Interface
- 8 lanes up to 12.5Gbps
- 1x/2x/4x/6x/8x/12x/16x/24x/32x Interpolation
- 64-bit NCO at max rate
- Analog Modes of Operation:
- Normal Mode: 6GSPS DAC rate
- Synthesis up to 2.5GHz (1st Nyquist)
- Mix Mode: 6GSPS DAC rate
- Synthesis in 2nd & 3rd Nyquist zones
- 2X Normal Mode: 12GSPS DAC rate
- Synthesis up to 6GHz (1st Nyquist)
- Excellent dynamic performance
- Normal Mode: 6GSPS DAC rate
- 3.2GHz full power bandwidth at 2.5GSPS
- Noise Density = -149.5dBFs/Hz, ENOB = 9.5 bits
- SFDR = 77 dBc at 1GHz Ain (2.5Gsps)
- SFDR = 77dBc at 1.8GHz Ain (2.5Gsps)
- +/-0.3 LSB DNL, +/-1.0 LSB INL
- Dual supplies : 1.3V and 2.5V
- 8 or 6 Lane JESD204B Outputs
- Programmable clipping threshold for Fast Detect output
- Two Integrated wide band digital down converters (DDC) per channel
- 10-bit complex NCO
- 2 cascaded half band filters (dec/8, dec/16)
- Timestamp for synchronous processing alignment
- SYSREF Setup/Hold detector
- Programmable Interrupt (IRQ) event monitor
- 3.2GHz full power bandwidth at 2.5GSPS
Tools & Simulations
LTspice® is a powerful, fast and free simulation software, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of analog circuits.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
Microsoft Excel download tool from ADIsimPower to generate a power supply design complete with a schematic, bill of materials, and performance specifications.
Solutions Bulletins & Brochures (1)
Press Releases (1)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.