New Content (1)
Features and Benefits
- 10BASE-T1L IEEE Standard 802.3cg-2019 compliant
- Integrated MAC with SPI interface
- SPI supporting 10 Mbps full duplex
- Supports OPEN Alliance 10BASE-T1x MAC-PHY serial interface
- Low power consumption: dual supply 42 mW typical
- Supports 1.0 V p-p and 2.4 V p-p transmit levels
- Autonegotiation capability
- Supports intrinsic safety applications
- External termination resistors
- Separate receive and transmit pins
- MDIO memory map accessible via SPI
- On Chip FIFOs: 20kB receive, 8kB transmit (configurable)
- Cut-through or Store and forward operation
- Rx high and low priority queues
- IEEE 1588 timestamp support
- Statistics counters
- 16 MAC addresses supported for frame filtering
- Link LED
- Unmanaged configuration using pin strapping including:
- Master/Slave selection
- Transmit amplitude
- 25 MHz crystal oscillator/25 MHz external clock input
- Single supply 1.8 V/3.3 V operation (mode dependent)
- Cable Reach
- 1700 meters with 1.0 V p-p
- 1700 meters with 2.4 V p-p
- EMC test standards
- IEC 61000-4-4 electrical fast transient (EFT) (±4 kV)
- IEC 61000-4-2 ESD (±4 kV contact discharge)
- IEC 61000-4-2 ESD (±8 kV air discharge)
- IEC 61000-4-6 conducted immunity (10V/m)
- IEC 61000-4-5 surge (±4kV)
- IEC 61000-4-3 radiated immunity (Class A)
- EN55032 radiated emissions (Class B)
- Small package 40-lead (6 mm × 6 mm) LFCSP
- Wide temperature range -40°C to 105°C
The ADIN1110 is an ultra low power, single port, 10BASE-T1L transceiver design for industrial Ethernet applications and is com-pliant with the IEEE® 802.3cg-2019™ Ethernet standard for long reach, 10 Mbps single pair Ethernet (SPE). Featuring an integrated media access control (MAC) interface, the ADIN1110 enables direct connectivity with a variety of host controllers via a serial peripheral interface (SPI). This SPI enables the use of lower power processors without an integrated MAC, which provides for the lowest overall system level power consumption. The ADIN1110 is designed for edge node sensors and field instruments deployed in building, factor, and process automation.
The device operates from a single power supply rail of 1.8 V or 3.3 V. Supporting both 1.0 V and 2.4 V amplitude modes of operations and external termination resistors, the ADIN1110 supports use within intrinsically safe environments. The programmable transmit levels, external termination resistors, and independent receive and transmit pins make the ADIN1110 suited to intrinsic safety applications.
The ADIN1110 has an integrated voltage supply monitoring and power-on reset (POR) circuitry to improve system level robustness, and has a 4-wire SPI for communication between the MAC inter-face and host processor.
The ADIN1110 is available in a 40-lead, 6 mm × 6 mm lead frame chip scale package (LFCSP).
- Field instruments
- Flow meters
- Pressure and temperature transducers
- Building automation
- Fire panels
- Edge node sensors
- Factory automation
Want to get started developing a 10BASE-T1L Solution?
Why not email our team of experts to get samples of the ADIN1110 or an evaluation board.
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The EVAL-ADIN1110EBZ is a flexible platform enabling quick evaluation of the ADIN1110, robust, low power 10BASE-T1L MAC-PHY. It provides 10Mbit per second Single Pair Ethernet (SPE) connections with devices across 1.7km of cable.
The evaluation board offers two modes of operation for maximum flexibility. Connected to a PC via USB port, the full set of ADIN1110 register settings and features such as link quality monitoring and diagnostics can be accessed over the USB using serial command interface. The board also provides an Arduino interface.
Alternatively, the board can operate in stand-alone mode where it is configured by setting hardware configuration links and switches. On-board LEDs provide status indication.
The SPI interface provides configuration and data access to the ADIN1110.
A small prototyping area and test points are provided for experimentation with alternative cable connection topologies including isolation transformers and/or power coupling inductors.
Technical Articles (8)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.