New Content (2)
Features and Benefits
- 10BASE-T1L IEEE® Std 802.3cg-2019TM compliant
- Supports 1.0 V pk-pk & 2.4 V pk-pk transmit levels
- Auto-Negotiation capability
- Supports intrinsic safety applications
- MII & RMII MAC interfaces
- MDIO Management Interface
- Unmanaged configuration using pin strapping including:
- Master/Slave selection
- Transmit amplitude
- PHY address
- 25 MHz crystal oscillator/25 MHz external clock input
- (50 MHz external clock for RMII)
- Single supply 1.8 V/3.3 V operation (mode dependent)
- Cable Reach
- 1200 meters+ with 1.0 V pk-pk
- 1200 meters+ with 2.4 V pk-pk
- Link/Activity LED
- Small package 40-lead (6 mm x 6 mm) LFCSP
- EMC test standards
- IEC 61000-4-4 electrical fast transient (EFT) (±4 kV)
- IEC 61000-4-2 ESD (±8 kV contact discharge)
- IEC 61000-4-2 ESD (±15 kV air discharge)
- IEC 61000-4-6 conducted immunity (10 V)
- EN55032 radiated emissions (Class A)
- Low power consumption
- Single supply 1 V pk-pk – 45 mW typ
- Dual supply 1 V pk-pk – 39 mW typ
- Single supply 2.4 V pk-pk – 109 mW typ
- Dual supply 2.4 V pk-pk – 81 mW typ
- Triple supply 2.4 V pk-pk – 75 mW typ
- 3.3 V/2.5 V/1.8 V MAC interface VDDIO supply
- Integrated power supply monitoring and POR
- Frame Generator and Checker
- Multiple Loopback Modes
- IEEE Test Mode Support
- Cable Diagnostics
- Industrial temperature range -40°C to 105°C
The ADIN1100 is a low power single port 10BASE-T1L transceiver designed for industrial Ethernet applications and is compliant with the IEEE 802.3cg Ethernet standard for long reach 10 Mb/s Single Pair Ethernet. It integrates an Ethernet PHY core with all the associated analog circuitry, input and output clock buffering, the management interface control register and subsystem registers, as well as the MAC interface and control logic to manage the reset and clock control and pin configuration.
The PHY core supports the 1.0 V pk-pk operating mode and the 2.4 V pk-pk operating mode defined in the standard and can operate from a single power supply rail of 1.8V or 3.3V, with the lower voltage option supporting the 1.0 V pk-pk transmit voltage level.
The 1.0 V pk-pk operating mode, external termination resistors and independent Rx/Tx pins make the ADIN1100 suited to intrinsic safety applications.
The ADIN1100 has an integrated voltage supply monitoring circuit and power on reset circuitry to improve system level robustness.
The MDIO interface is a two-wire serial interface for communication between a host processor or MAC and the ADIN1100, thereby allowing access to control and status information in the PHY core management registers. This interface is compatible with IEEE 802.3 Std Clause 45 management frame structures. The MDIO interfaces of microcontrollers that only support IEEE 802.3 Std Clause 22 cannot be used in their default manner with the ADIN1100 MDIO interface. A common alternative is to use two GPIO pins to replicate the IEEE 802.3 Std Clause 45 frame in software.
The ADIN1100 is available in a 6 mm × 6 mm 40-ld package.
- Process Control
- Factory Automation
- Building Automation
Markets & Technology
Want to get started developing a 10BASE-T1L Solution?
Why not email our team of experts to get samples of the ADIN1100 or an evaluation board.
Product Lifecycle Pre-Release
This product is new and engineering validation may still be underway. Quantities may be limited and design specifications may change while we ready the product for release to production.
Technical Articles (5)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.