Features and Benefits
- 24 GHz to 24.25 GHz VCO (industrial, scientific, and medical (ISM) radio band)
- 2-channel 24 GHz power amplifier with 8 dBm output
- Single-ended outputs
- 2-channel muxed outputs with mute function
- Programmable output power
- LO output buffer
- RF frequency range: 24 GHz to 24.25 GHz
- Power control detector
- Auxiliary 8-bit ADC
- High and low speed FMCW ramp generation
- 25-bit fixed modulus allows subhertz frequency resolution
- PFD frequencies up to 110 MHz
- Normalized phase noise floor of −222 dBc/Hz
- Programmable charge pump currents
- ±5°C temperature sensor
- 4-wire SPI
- ESD performance
- HBM: 2000 V
- CDM: 250 V
- Qualified for automotive applications
The ADF5902 is a 24 GHz transmitter (Tx) monolithic microwave integrated circuit (MMIC) with an on-chip, 24 GHz voltage controlled oscillator (VCO). The VCO features a fractional-N frequency synthesizer with waveform generation capability with programmable grid array (PGA) and dual transmitter channels for radar systems. The on-chip, 24 GHz VCO generates the 24 GHz signal for the two transmitter channels and the local oscillator (LO) output. Each transmitter channel contains a power control circuit. There is also an on-chip temperature sensor.
Control of all the on-chip registers is through a simple, 4-wire serial peripheral interface (SPI).
The ADF5902 comes in a compact, 32-lead, 5 mm × 5 mm LFCSP package.
- Automotive radars
- Industrial radars
- Microwave radar sensors
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The EV-ADF5902SD1Z evaluation board allows the user to evaluate the performance of the ADF5902 24 GHz voltage controlled oscillator (VCO) programmable gain amplifier (PGA) with a 2-channel PA output and ramping phase-locked loop (PLL). Figure 1 shows the EV-ADF5902SD1Z evaluation board, which contains the ADF5902, three high frequency K type subminiature version A (SMA) connectors for the local oscillator (LO) output, two transceiver (TX) outputs, banana connectors for the power supply, and a connector for the serial interface.
The EV-ADF5902SD1Z evaluation board requires an EVAL-SDP-CS1Z system demonstration platform serial (SDP-S) controller board, which the kit does not include. The EVAL-SDP-CS1Z SDP S allows software programming of the ADF5902 device.
The Windows®-based PLL Software provides easy programming of the synthesizer.
Features & Benefits
- Self contained board, including the ADF5902 24 GHz VCO PGA, with integrated 2-channel PA output and fractional-N frequency synthesizer with ramp generation
- Windows-based software allows control of the ADF5902 functions from a PC
- Externally powered by a 5 V power supply
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.