Cabin Experience & Infotainment
Automotive infotainment systems now provide an immersive cabin experience based on more than a decade of continual advancement driven by consumer desires and expectations. In-cabin features such as passenger entertainment, display of vehicle and environmental information, navigation systems, and wireless connectivity have driven the proliferation of electronics in vehicles.
Analog Devices, Inc. (ADI) offers a wide range of innovative cabin experience and infotainment solutions that significantly enhance the performance of these popular automotive systems. Our technology portfolio includes power management ICs, high performance and highly integrated DSPs, GMSL, audio and video converters, sensing and connectivity products, and application-specific software that enables infotainment, display, and safety related systems.
Key applications include:
- Car displays
- Car to cloud communications
- Car audio and acoustics sensing, playback, processing, and distribution
- Car to passenger experience management
Automotive Power Solutions for Cabin Experience & Infotainment
Designing electronic systems for automotive applications presents many challenges: space is highly restricted, the operating temperature range must be wide, noise must be minimized, battery transients must be tolerated, and quality levels must be high. Since integration levels are increasing, this in turn creates a need for power-efficient ICs.
ADI’s automotive power management offerings include micropower monolithic buck solutions that provide small form factors, high efficiency, and low noise/EMI to deliver safe operation in high voltage systems. These ICs help automotive power systems survive harsh load dump and cold-crank conditions.
Our Product Strategy
High Efficiency, Low IQ,
ASIL Solutions for ADAS
Trusted Partner and Joint Definition
Scalable High Power Density
Small Solution Size and BOM Optimization
Lower System BOM Cost
Automotive SerDes Solution, GMSL, for Cabin Experience and Infotainment Applications
ADI’s Gigabit Multimedia Serial Link™ (GMSL) serializer and deserializers (SerDes) provide simultaneous delivery of high resolution video, audio, and control over a single STP or coax cable. GMSL infotainment display ICs offer full flexibility across all video interfaces for automotive interconnect, enhanced functional safety and encryption features, and EMC/EMI performance, while providing automatic compensation for cable aging and temperature changes over the automobile’s lifetime.
Powering Infotainment Devices in Automotive Start/Stop Systems
Care must be taken with regards to powering on-board infotainment and navigation systems that need up to, or can exceed 5 V. These systems can reset when the car battery voltage drops to less than 5 V with an engine restart.
Automotive Infotainment and Connectivity Networking
Featured is a multizone infotainment system that enables smartphone integration and in-car distribution of high definition content using automotive pixel link (APIX) technology. Video conferencing and connectivity to smartphones are shown.
Video Solution for Automotive Infotainment
This video highlights a video infotainment system that accepts composite video or digital video for movie playback. The ADI infotainment system also has an integrated rear facing camera for collision avoidance.
Car Camera Bus (C2B)— Cost-Efficient Camera Connectivity
How to Easily Achieve Superior Audio Performance with Plug and Play Digital Input Class D Amplifiers
Why 10BASE-T1S Is the Missing Ethernet Link for Automotive Communications
Automotive LED Driver Power Conversion Topology Guide
Enabling 5G and DSRC V2X in Autonomous Driving Vehicles
- How to Design Better High Current Switching Power Supplies for Vehicle ADAS
CES Event: How Sustainability Is Driving In-Cabin Experiences
What If...ADI Innovation is Your Bridge to Human Breakthrough
- MAX25240/39: HV Low Iq 6A/4A Buck-Boost Converter 400kHz/2.1MHz
- ADI Silent Switcher Technology
Financial Times: The Human-Centric Future Of Automotive
- Multiply the Power of a Boost Converter with a Versatile Phase Expander
- PassThru Boost Controller for High Efficiency, Fast Transient Response Automotive and Industrial Supplies
- All-in-One Power Solution for Automotive Infotainment—Single IC Produces Five Rails Directly from Battery
- LTC7803 or Easy Design Path to Advanced Power Supply
- Extending the Supply Voltage of a 600 V Input, No-Optocoupler Isolated Flyback Controller to 800 V or Higher
- Accelerating Design Process and Time-to-Market with Synopsys Saber Models for ADI Components
- Behavioral Sources, Parameters, and Expression Evaluation in LTspice
- Simulated Phased Array Beam Stabilization Demo using ADIS16480 & MATLAB Phased Array System Toolbox Webinar
- Analog Devices connectivity solutions bridge physical and digital worlds in the car
- Understanding Power System Management
- Analog Devices Announces Compliance with ISO/SAE 21434:2021 Standard for Automotive Cybersecurity
- Analog Devices and Jungo Cooperate on In-Cabin Monitoring Technology to Improve Vehicle Safety
- Analog Devices Collaborates with Hyundai Motor Company to Launch Industry’s First All-Digital Road Noise Cancellation System
- Analog Devices Unveils SHARC® Audio Module Platform for Rapid Audio DSP Project Development
- BYD Selects Analog Devices’ Audio Bus and Processor Technologies to Improve Vehicle Energy Efficiency and Enhance Infotainment Experience