New Content (3)
Application NotesAN-171: Reverse Voltage Protection for Battery Chargers
Technical ArticlesOne-Size-Fits-All Battery Charger
Features and Benefits
- Lead-Acid Battery Charger with Absorb and Equalize
- Wide Charging Input Voltage Range: 4.5V to 35V
- High Efficiency Synchronous Operation
- 16-Bit Digital Telemetry System Monitors VBAT, IBAT, RBAT, TBAT, TDIE, VIN, IIN, VOUT
- Charges 6V, 12V, 18V and 24V Lead-Acid Batteries
- Input Undervoltage Charge Current Limit Loop
- Input MPPT for Solar Panel Inputs
- Input Current Limit Prioritizes System Load Output
- Low Loss PowerPath™
- Instant-On Operation with Discharged or Missing Battery
- Temperature Controlled Charging
- Pin Compatible with Li-Ion and LiFePO4 Versions
The LTC4162-S is an advanced monolithic synchronous step-down switching battery charger and PowerPath™ manager that seamlessly manages power distribution between input sources such as wall adapters, backplanes, solar panels, etc., and a lead-acid battery.
A high resolution measurement system provides extensive telemetry information for circuit voltages, currents, battery resistance and temperature which can all be read back over the I2C port. The I2C port can also be used to configure many charging parameters including charging voltages and currents, termination algorithms and numerous system status alerts.
The LTC4162-S can charge 6V, 12V, 18V and 24V lead-acid batteries with as much as 3.2A of charge current.
The power path topology decouples the output voltage from the battery allowing a portable product to start up instantly under very low battery voltage conditions.
The LTC4162-S is available in a thermally enhanced 28-pin 4mm × 5mm × 0.75mm QFN surface mount package.
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.