Features and Benefits
- High small signal gain: 20 dB typical
- POUT: 41.5 dBm typical at PIN = 27 dBm
- High PAE: 60% typical at PIN = 27 dBm
- Instantaneous bandwidth: 0.01 GHz to 1.1 GHz across all frequencies
- Supply voltage: VDD = 28 V at a quiescent current of 100 mA
- Internal prematching
- Simple and compact external tuning for optimal performance
- 5 mm × 5 mm, 32-lead LFCSP
The HMC1099PM5E is a gallium nitride (GaN), broadband power amplifier delivering >10 W with up to 69% PAE across an instantaneous bandwidth of 0.01 GHz to 1.1 GHz, and with a ±0.5 dB typical gain flatness.
The HMC1099PM5E is ideal for pulsed or continuous wave (CW) applications, such as wireless infrastructure, radars, public mobile radios, and general-purpose amplification.
The HMC1099PM5E amplifier is externally tuned using low cost, surface-mount components and is available in a compact LFCSP package.
Multifunction pin names may be referenced by their relevant function only.
- Extended battery operation for public mobile radios
- Power amplifier stage for wireless infrastructures
- Test and measurement equipment
- Commercial and military radars
- General-purpose transmitter amplification
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
Use RF circuit design techniques for the circuit board used in the application. Provide 50 Ω impedance for the signal lines and directly connect the package ground leads and exposed paddle to the ground plane. Use a sufficient number of via holes to connect the top and bottom ground planes. The evaluation circuit board is available from Analog Devices, Inc., upon request.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.