14-Bit, 2.5 GSPS, RF D/A Converter
By elimination of the synchronization circuitry, some nonideal artifacts such as images and discrete clock spurs remain stationary on the AD9737A/AD9739A between power-up cycles, thus allowing for possible system calibration. AC linearity and noise performance remain the same between the AD9739 and the AD9737A/AD9739A.
The inclusion of on-chip controllers simplifies system integration. A dual-port, source synchronous, LVDS interface simplifies the digital interface with existing FGPA/ASIC technology. On-chip controllers are used to manage external and internal clock domain variations over temperature to ensure reliable data transfer from the host to the DAC core. A serial peripheral interface (SPI) is used for device configuration as well as readback of status registers.
The AD9737A/AD9739A are manufactured on a 0.18 μm CMOS process and operate from 1.8 V and 3.3 V supplies. They are supplied in a 160-ball chip scale ball grid array for reduced package parasitics.
- Ability to synthesize high quality wideband signals with bandwidths of up to 1.25 GHz in the first or second Nyquist zone.
- A proprietary quad-switch DAC architecture provides exceptional ac linearity performance while enabling mix-mode operation.
- A dual-port, double data rate, LVDS interface supports the maximum conversion rate of 2500 MSPS.
- On-chip controllers manage external and internal clock domain skews.
- Programmable differential current output with an 8.66 mA to 31.66 mA range.
- Broadband communications systems
DOCSIS CMTS systems
- Military jammers
- Instrumentation, automatic test equipment
- Radar, avionics
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Advantiv™ Advanced TV Solutions
Meeting Today's Digital Entertainment Challenges
Solutions Bulletins & Brochures
Digital to Analog Converters ICs Solutions Bulletin
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.