2.7 V to 5.5 V, <100 µA, 8-/10-/12-Bit nanoDAC®, SPI Interface in LFCSP and SC70
The AD5601/AD5611/AD5621, members of the nanoDAC® family, are single, 8-/10-/12-bit, buffered voltage output DACs that operate from a single 2.7 V to 5.5 V supply, consuming typically 75 μA at 5 V. The parts come in a tiny LFCSP and SC70 packages. Their on-chip precision output amplifier allows rail-to-rail output swing to be achieved. The AD5601/AD5611/AD5621 utilize a versatile 3-wire serial interface that operates at clock rates up to 30 MHz and is compatible with SPI, QSPI™, MICROWIRE™, and DSP interface standards.
The reference for the AD5601/AD5611/AD5621 is derived from the power supply inputs and, therefore, gives the widest dynamic output range. The parts incorporate a power-on reset circuit, which ensures that the DAC output powers up to 0 V and remains there until a valid write to the device takes place.
The AD5601/AD5611/AD5621 contain a power-down feature that reduces current consumption to typically 0.2 μA at 3 V. They also provide software-selectable output loads while in power-down mode. The parts are put into power-down mode over the serial interface.
The low power consumption of these parts in normal operation makes them ideally suited to portable battery-operated equipment. The combination of small package and low power makes these nanoDAC devices ideal for level-setting requirements, such as generating bias or control voltages in space-constrained and power-sensitive applications.
- Available in a 6-lead LFCSP and SC70 packages.
- Low power, single-supply operation. The AD5601/ AD5611/AD5621 operate from a single 2.7 V to 5.5 V supply with a maximum current consumption of 100 μA, making them ideal for battery-powered applications.
- The on-chip output buffer amplifier allows the output of the DAC to swing rail-to-rail with a typical slew rate of 0.5 V/μs.
- Reference is derived from the power supply.
- High speed serial interface with clock speeds up to 30 MHz. Designed for very low power consumption. The interface powers up only during a write cycle.
- Power-down capability. When powered down, the DAC typically consumes 0.2 μA at 3 V. Power-on reset with brownout detection.
- Voltage level setting
- Portable battery-powered instruments
- Digital gain and offset adjustment
- Programmable voltage and current sources
- Programmable attenuators
Comparable Parts Click to see all in Parametric Search
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Didn't find what you were looking for?
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.