Dual PLL Quad Input Multiservice Line Card Adaptive Clock Translator
The AD9559 is a low loop bandwidth clock multiplier that provides jitter cleanup and synchronization for many systems, including synchronous optical networks (SONET/SDH). The AD9559 generates an output clock synchronized to up to four external input references. The digital PLL allows for reduction of input time jitter or phase noise associated with the external references. The digitally controlled loop and holdover circuitry of the AD9559 continuously generates a low jitter output clock even when all reference inputs have failed.
The AD9559 operates over an industrial temperature range of −40°C to +85°C. If a single DPLL version of this part is needed, refer to the AD9557.
- Network synchronization, including Synchronous Ethernet and OTN mapping/de-mapping
- Cleanup of reference clock jitter
- SONET/SDH clocks up to OC-192, including FEC
- Stratum 3 holdover, jitter cleanup, and phase transient control
- Wireless base station controllers
- Cable infrastructure
- Data communications
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
For convenience, detailed information from the AD9559 data sheet has been included here. Use this user guide in conjunction with the AD9559 data sheet and software documenta¬tion available at www.analog.com.
- Simple power connection using 6 V wall adapter and on-board LDO voltage regulators
- LDOs are easily bypassed for power measurements
- 4 ac-coupled differential output SMA connectors (which can be reconfigured for up to 8 single-ended outputs.
- 4 inputs SMA connectors that accept either single-ended or differential signals
- USB connection to PC
- Microsoft Windows-based evaluation software with simple graphical user interface and support for both 64-bit and 32-bit operating systems.
- Easy access to digital I/O and diagnostic signals via I/O header
- Status LEDs for diagnostic signals
Recommended Clock Drivers
Recommended Linear Regulators
- For ultralow noise, low dropout: ADP150.
Recommended Switching Controller
- For a dual controller up to 2 x 25A output current: ADP1829.
Product Selection Guide
RF, Microwave, and Millimeter Wave IC Selection Guide 2017
Using a unique combination of design skills, systems understanding, and process technologies, Analog Devices offers...
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.