14-Bit, 170 MSPS/250 MSPS, JESD204B, Analog-to-Digital Converter
The AD9683 is a 14-bit ADC with sampling speeds of up to 250 MSPS. The AD9683 supports communications applications where low cost, small size, wide bandwidth, and versatility are desired. The ADC core features a multistage, differential pipelined architecture with integrated output error correction logic. The ADC core features wide bandwidth inputs supporting a variety of user-selectable input ranges. An integrated voltage reference eases design considerations. A duty cycle stabilizer (DCS) is provided to compensate for variations in the ADC clock duty cycle, allowing the converter to maintain excellent performance. The JESD204B high speed serial interface reduces board routing requirements and lowers pin count requirements for the receiving device. The ADC output data is routed directly to the JESD204B serial output lane. These outputs are at CML voltage levels. Data can be sent through the lane at the maximum sampling rate of 250 MSPS, which results in a lane rate of 5 Gbps. Synchronization inputs (SYNCINB± and SYSREF±) are provided. Flexible power-down options allow significant power savings, when desired. Programmable overrange level detection is supported via the dedicated fast detect pins. Programming for setup and control is accomplished using a 3-wire SPI-compatible serial interface. The AD9683 is available in a 32-lead LFCSP and is specified over the industrial temperature range of −40°C to +85°C.
- Integrated 14-bit, 170 MSPS/250 MSPS ADC.
- The configurable JESD204B output block supports lane rates up to 5 Gbps.
- An on-chip, phase-locked loop (PLL) allows users to provide a single ADC sampling clock; the PLL multiplies the ADC sampling clock to produce the corresponding JESD204B data rate clock.
- Support for an optional radio frequency (RF) clock input to ease system board design.
- Proprietary differential input maintains excellent SNR performance for input frequencies of up to 400 MHz.
- Operation from a single 1.8 V power supply.
- Standard serial port interface (SPI) that supports various product features and functions, such as controlling the clock DCS, power-down, test modes, voltage reference mode, overrange fast detection, and serial output configuration.
- Diversity radio systems
- Multimode digital receivers (3G)
TD-SCDMA, WiMAX, W-CDMA, CDMA2000, GSM, EDGE, LTE
- DOCSIS 3.0 CMTS upstream receive paths
- HFC digital reverse path receivers
- Smart antenna systems
- Electronic test and measurement equipment
- Radar receivers
- COMSEC radio architectures
- IED detection/jamming systems
- General-purpose software radios
- Broadband data applications
- Ultrasound equipment
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Recommended Driver Amplifiers
JESD204 Serial Interface
The JESD204 and the JESD204B revision data converter serial interface standard was created through the JEDEC...
Designing Power Supplies for High Speed ADC
MS-2124: Understanding AC Behaviors of High Speed ADCs
FPGA Interoperability Reports
Validating ADI Converters Inter-operability with Xilinx FPGA and JESD204B IP
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.