Features and Benefits
- Complete single-chip JPEG 2000 compression and decompression solution for video and still images
- Identical in pinout and footprint to the ADV202 and supports all the functionality of the ADV202
- Power reduction of at least 30% compared with ADV202
- JTAG/boundary scan support
- Patented SURF® (spatial ultraefficient recursive filtering) technology enables low power, low cost wavelet-based compression
- Supports both 9/7 and 5/3 wavelet transforms with up to 6 levels of transform
- See Data Sheet for Additional Information
The ADV212 is a single-chip JPEG2000 codec targeted for video and high bandwidth image compression applications that can benefit from the enhanced quality and features provided by the JPEG2000 (J2K) ISO/IEC15444-1 image compression standard. The part implements the computationally intensive operations of the JPEG2000 image compression standard and provides fully compliant code-stream generation for most applications.
The dedicated video port of the ADV212 provides glueless con-nection to common digital video standards such as ITU-R BT.656, SMPTE 125M, SMPTE 293M (525p), ITU-R BT.1358 (625p), SMPTE 274M (1080i), or SMPTE 296M (720p). A variety of other high speed, synchronous pixel and video formats can also be supported by using the programmable framing and validation signals.
The ADV212 is an upgrade version of the ADV202 that is identical in pinout and footprint. It supports all the functionality of the ADV202 and has the following additional options: JTAG/boundary scan support and power reduction of at least 30% compared with the ADV202.
- Networked video and image distribution systems
- Wireless video and image distribution
- Image archival/retrieval
- Digital CCTV and surveillance systems
- Digital cinema systems
- Professional video editing and recording
- Digital still cameras
- Digital camcorders
Product Lifecycle Not Recommended for New Designs
This designates products ADI does not recommend broadly for new designs.
Evaluation Kits (1)
This page contains documentation, software, schematics and systems for evaluating the ADV212 JPEC 2000 Video Codec along with ordering information.
Third Party Partner Program (1)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.