Technical Articles (2)
Implementing JPEG2000 compression
By David Dashefsky, Analog Devices, Inc. (DesignLine, 5/12/2006)
JPEG2000 Codec for Robust, Scalable Pro and Consumer Video
By Yuzo Shida, Analog Devices, Inc. (DesignLine, 10/13/2006)
Data Sheets (1)
- Are SCOMM4 and SCOMM5 required?
- Are there any artifacts on tile boundaries after merging tiles?
- Can I input raw image data that comes from a high resolution still image source?
- Can I input RGB Bayer pattern directly to the ADV202/212?
- Can I stop/start encoding without reloading the firmware?
- Can I use JDATA mode in a multi-chip application?
- Can I use the ADV202/212 if my input is not to standard NTSC, PAL, 720p/60, 1080i/60 video?
- Do Vclk and Mclk have to be synchronous?
- Does the ADV202/212 tile the input if my input image is larger than the maximum specified?
- How can I save on pin count or what is the absolute minimum pin connection required to make the ADV202/212 work?
- How can JPEG2000 be used in home video distribution?
- How do I determine the number of ADV2x2s required for a particular application?
- How do I determine the number of codeblocks per image?
- How do I know when the ADV202/212 has finished compressing a field/frame/image?
- How does the ADV202 recover from data input loss in encode or decode mode?
- How does the ADV202/212 handle VBI or CC data?
- How does the ADV202/212 synchronize to video input with HVF syncs?
- How is the optimal DMA burst length determined?
- How many ADV202/212s can I connect together on the HDATA bus in a multi-chip application?
- How should I connect unused VDATA pins and HDATA pins?
- How should the CFG pins be connected?
- How to change the compression ratio from field to field without reloading the firmware
- How to change the video input rate to the ADV202/212
- How to configure the ADV202/212 for 4Kx4K input images
- How to determine latency?
- How to display ADV202/212 compressed files on PC screen
- How to extract low resolution packets from one JPEG2000 stream
- How to input RGB data to the ADV202/212
- How to input video that is not ITU.R.BT656
- How to program compression rate
- How to use encode parameters RCtype and RCval
- How to use the ADV202/212 with multiple-camera input
- I have "video on demand". Can I put the ADV202/212 in a pause state in encode mode until video or an image is available again?
- I require a compression system with extreme low latency
- In DMA burst mode, what if the last burst does not contain the number of bursts specified as in the EDMOD register?
- In encode mode, how do I know if the ADV202/212 is ready to output data?
- In encode mode, is it required to read out the previous field before the next field is input?
- Is it possible to bypass the ADV202/ADV212 compression?
- Is it possible to encode and decode different frame sizes without reloading the firmware?
- Is the ADV202/212 output compatible with any JPEG2000 software codecs?
- Is the VDATA bus the only interface to input/output video/pixel data?
- Must DMA always be used for compressed data input/output?
- The vertical blanking between fields/frames varies on my input source. What mode should I use?
- What are 9/7 and 5/3? How do I know which one to use?
- What are Multilayers?
- What are precincts and does the ADV202/212 support precincts?
- What are the advantages of JDATA streaming mode?
- What are the recommended configuration and parameter settings for NTSC?
- What are the recommended configuration and parameter settings for PAL?
- What does 'positive' / 'negative' polarity mean for HVF and VCLK?
- What does encode parameter VFORMAT De-interlace mean?
- What does the J2KPROG encode parameter mean?
- What does the PULS field in the EDMOD registers do?
- What evaluation systems are available for the ADV202/212?
- What happens if the HVF inputs do not match dimension register settings?
- What information does the ADV202/212 header contain?
- What is a .sea file?
- What is Fly-By DMA used for?
- What is the ADV202/ADV212?
- What is the compression rate of the ADV202/ADV212?
- What is the difference between direct and indirect registers?
- What is the difference between the ADV202 and the ADV212?
- What is the difference between the DREQ/DACK and DCS DMA modes?
- What is the DMA mode with the highest data transfer rate?
- What is the HDATA impedance state?
- What is the highest transfer rate for data and control?
- What is the host interface used for?
- What is the output format of the ADV202/212?
- What is visual weighting?
- What parameters can I change on the fly?
- Why are there two external DMA channels?
- Why does 1080i/720p standard input require two ADV2x2s?
Product Reviews (1)
Hisense Selects Tzero and Analog Devices for HDTVs with Integrated Wireless Video
(Yahoo! Finance, 1/8/2007)
Technical Documentation (1)