- 3.3 V supply voltage
- 20 Mbps maximum data rate
- No damage or latch-up up to ±15 kV HBM
- Guaranteed fail-safe receiver operation over the entire common-mode range
- Current-limited drivers and thermal shutdown
- Power-up and power-down glitch free driver outputs
- Low operating current: 370 μA typical in receive mode
- Compatible with TIA/EIA-485-A specifications
- Available in 14-lead SOIC_N package
COMMERCIAL SPACE FEATURES
- Supports aerospace applications
- Wafer diffusion lot traceability
- Radiation lot acceptance testing: TID
- Radiation benchmark
- Single event latch-up
The ADLT2852S-CSL is a low power, 20 Mbps RS485/RS422 transceiver operating on a 3.3 V supply. The receiver has a fail-safe feature that guarantees a high output state under conditions of floating or shorted inputs.
The driver maintains a high output impedance over the entire common-mode range when disabled or when the supply is removed. Excessive power dissipation caused by bus contention or a fault is prevented by current limiting all outputs and by thermal shutdown. Enhanced electrostatic discharge (ESD) protection allows this device to withstand up to ±15 kV human body model (HBM) on the transceiver interface pins without latch-up or damage.
The ADLT2852S-CSL is specified over the −55°C to +125°C temperature range. Additional application and technical information can be found in the Commercial Space Products Program brochure and the LTC2852 data sheet.
- Low Earth orbit (LEO) space payloads
- Low power RS485/RS422 transceiver
- Level translator
- Backplane transceiver
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.