Features and Benefits
- Four High-Accuracy DAC Channels
- 12-Bit Accuracy Without Adjustment
- ±1 LSB INL Buffered Voltage Output
- Guaranteed Monotonic Over All Operating Conditions
- Independent Mode Settings for Each DAC
- Three Precision Selectable Internal References
- 2.048V, 2.500V, or 4.096V
- Internal Output Buffer
- Rail-to-Rail Operation with External Reference
- 4.5µs Settling Time
- Outputs Directly Drive 2kΩ Loads
- Small 3mm × 3mm 10-Pin TDFN Package
- Wide 2.7V to 5.5V Supply Range
- Fast 400kHz I²C-Compatible, 2-Wire Serial Interface
- Power-On-Reset to Zero-Scale DAC Output
- Three Software-Selectable Power-Down Output Impedances
- 1kΩ, 100kΩ, or High Impedance
The MAX5816 4-channel, low-power, 12-bit, voltage-output digital-to-analog converter (DAC) includes output buffers and an internal reference that is selectable to be 2.048V, 2.500V, or 4.096V. The MAX5816 accepts a wide supply voltage range of 2.7V to 5.5V with extremely low power (3mW) consumption to accommodate most low-voltage applications. A precision external reference input allows rail-to-rail operation and presents a 100kΩ (typ) load to an external reference.
The MAX5816 has an I²C-compatible, 2-wire interface that operates at clock rates up to 400kHz. The DAC output is buffered and has a low supply current of less than 250µA per channel and a low offset error of ±0.5mV (typ). On power-up, the MAX5816 resets the DAC outputs to zero, providing additional safety for applications that drive valves or other transducers which need to be off on power-up. The internal reference is initially powered down to allow use of an external reference. The MAX5816 allows simultaneous output updates using software LOAD commands. Multiple devices can simultaneously be updated using software load command in combination with the broadcast ID.
The MAX5816 is available in a 10-pin TDFN package and is specified over the -40°C to +125°C temperature range.
- Automatic Tuning and Optical Control
- Data Acquisition
- Gain and Offset Adjustment
- Portable Instrumentation
- Power Amplifier Control and Biasing
- Process Control and Servo Loops
- Programmable Voltage and Current Sources
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Documentation & Resources
MAX5816 Reliability Data1/12/202340K
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Support & Discussions
Sample & Buy
See our Ordering FAQs for answers to questions about online orders, payment options and more.
Buy Now Pricing
(**) Displayed Buy Now Price and Price Range is based on small quantity orders.
(*)The 1Ku list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Please see the latest communication from our CCO regarding lead times.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.