Features and Benefits
- 80mA (min) Output Drive Capability
- Rail-to-Rail Input Common-Mode Voltage Range
- Rail-to-Rail Output Voltage Swing
- 1.2mA Supply Current per Amplifier
- +2.7V to +6.5V Single-Supply Operation
- 5MHz Gain-Bandwidth Product
- 250µV Offset Voltage
- 120dB Voltage Gain (RL = 100kΩ)
- 88dB Power-Supply Rejection Ratio
- No Phase Reversal for Overdriven Inputs
- Unity-Gain Stable for Capacitive Loads to 250pF
- Low-Power Shutdown Mode:
- Reduces Supply Current to 38µA Places
- Outputs in High-Impedance State
- Available in 5-Pin SOT23 Package (MAX4165) or 2mm x 2mm x 0.8mm µDFN (MAX4166)
The MAX4165-MAX4169 family of operational amplifiers combines excellent DC accuracy with high output current drive, single-supply operation, and rail-to-rail inputs and outputs. These devices operate from a single +2.7V to +6.5V supply, or from dual ±1.35V to ±3.25V supplies. They typically draw 1.2mA supply current, and are guaranteed to deliver 80mA output current.
The MAX4166/MAX4168 have a shutdown mode that reduces supply current to 38µA per amplifier and places the outputs into a high-impedance state. The MAX4165-MAX4169's precision performance combined with high output current, wide input/output dynamic range, single-supply operation, and low power consumption makes them ideal for portable audio applications and other low-voltage, battery-powered systems. The MAX4165 is available in the space-saving 5-pin SOT23 package and the MAX4166 is available in a tiny 2mm x 2mm x 0.8mm µDFN package.
- Automotive Sensors
- Base Station/Wireless Infrastructure
- Cell Phones
- Computers: Desktops, Workstations, and Servers
- Computers: Motherboards
- Computers: Notebook
- Digital-to-Analog Converter Buffers
- Hands-Free Car Phones (Kits)
- Industrial: Process Measurement and Control
- Motor Drivers
- Notebook Computers
- Panel Meters
- Portable Battery-Powered Audio Applications
- Portable Headphone Speaker Drivers
- Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs)
- Set-Top Boxes
- Signal Conditioning
- Sound Ports/Cards
- Transformer/Line Drivers
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Documentation & Resources
MAX4167 Reliability Data1/12/2023135K
Using a DS1802 Pushbutton Digital Potentiometer to Create an Audio Preamplifier with Attenuator3/8/2023
Reduce the Chances of Human Error: Part 2, Super Amps and Filters for Analog Interface3/8/2011
A Digitally Controllable Lowpass Filter Using a Digital Potentiometer3/9/2004
Driving Audio Piezoelectric Transducers3/26/2002
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Support & Discussions
Sample & Buy
See our Ordering FAQs for answers to questions about online orders, payment options and more.
Buy Now Pricing
(**) Displayed Buy Now Price and Price Range is based on small quantity orders.
(*)The 1Ku list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Please see the latest communication from our CCO regarding lead times.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.