Features and Benefits
- Integration Reduces Power-Supply Footprint for Space-Constrained Designs
- Dual-Output Synchronous Buck Regulators
- Integrated Switches for 4A and 2A Output Currents
- Programmable Switching Frequency from 500kHz to 4MHz
- 28-Pin TQFN Package (5mm x 5mm)
- 180° Out-Of-Phase Operation Reduces Input Ripple Current and Thus the Size of the Input Bypass Capacitors
- Sophisticated Tracking/Sequencing Functions Facilitate Reliable Processor Operation
- Digital Soft-Start and Soft-Stop for Tracking Applications
- Digital Soft-Start into a Prebiased Load for Sequencing Applications
- Sequencing or Coincident/Ratiometric Tracking
- Flexible Enough for Use in a Range of Designs
- 2.5V to 5.5V Input Voltage Range
- Output-Voltage Adjustable from 0.6V to VAVIN
- External Compensation for Maximum Flexibility
- 100% Maximum Duty Cycle
- Integrated Protection Features Save Space and Increase Reliability
- Lossless, Cycle-by-Cycle Current Sensing
- Thermal Shutdown and Hiccup-Mode Short-Circuit Protection
- 20µA Shutdown Current Extends Battery Life in Portable Applications
The MAX15021 is a dual-output, pulse-width-modulated (PWM), step-down DC-DC regulator with tracking (coincident and ratiometric) and sequencing options. The device operates from 2.5V to 5.5V and each output can be adjusted from 0.6V to the input supply (VAVIN). The MAX15021 delivers up to 4A (regulator 1) and 2A (regulator 2) of output current. This device offers the ability to adjust the switching frequency from 500kHz to 4MHz and provides the capability of optimizing the design in terms of size and performance.
The MAX15021 utilizes a voltage-mode control scheme with external compensation to provide good noise immunity and maximum flexibility in selecting inductor values and capacitor types. The dual switching regulators operate 180° out-of-phase, thereby reducing the RMS input ripple current and thus the size of the input bypass capacitor significantly.
The MAX15021 offers the ability to track (coincident or ratiometric) or sequence during power-up and powerdown operation. When sequencing, it powers up glitch-free into a prebiased output.
Additional features include an internal undervoltage lockout with hysteresis and a digital soft start/soft-stop for glitch-free power-up and power-down. Protection features include lossless cycle-by-cycle current limit, hiccup-mode output short-circuit protection, and thermal shutdown.
The MAX15021 is available in a space-saving, 5mm x 5mm, 28-pin TQFN-EP package and is specified for operation from -40°C to +125°C temperature range.
- Automotive Multimedia
- Multivoltage Supplies
- Power-Over-Ethernet (PoE) IP Phones
- RFID Reader Cards
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Documentation & Resources
MAX15021 Reliability Data1/12/2023
Tools & Simulations
EE-Sim Power® Tools
The EE-Sim DC-DC Converter Tool uses your requirements to quickly create a complete power design including a schematic, BOM with commercially available parts, and time and frequency domain simulations. Your customized schematic can be downloaded for further analysis in the standalone EE-Sim OASIS Simulator, featuring SIMPLIS and SIMetrix SPICE engines.
MAX15021 Companion Parts
Recommended Related Parts
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
See our Ordering FAQs for answers to questions about online orders, payment options and more.
Buy Now Pricing
(**) Displayed Buy Now Price and Price Range is based on small quantity orders.
(*)The 1Ku list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.