Features and Benefits
- Fully Compliant IEEE 802.3at (Type 2) PSE
- Up to 16 PSE Ports
- Fully Autonomous System-Level Power Manager
- No Host Processor Required
- System-Level PoE LED Controller
- Per-Port Status and Fault LEDs
- Supply Overload LED with Hysteresis
- eFlash-Programmable System Settings
- Port- and System-Level Power Thresholds
- LED Mapping and Blink Rate
- Port Power Priority
- ECC-Protected eFlash and Data RAMs
- Very High Reliability Multipoint PD Detection
- Lowest Per-Port Power Path Dissipation
- 100mΩ Sense Resistance
- 57mΩ or Lower MOSFET RDS(ON)
- Chipset Isolation Eliminates Isolated 3.3V Supply
- Available in a 64-Lead 7mm × 11mm (LTC9103) and 24-Lead 4mm × 4mm (LTC9101-3) QFN Packages
The LTC9101-3/LTC9103 chipset is a 8/16-port power sourcing equipment (PSE) controller and power manager designed for use in IEEE 802.3at compliant Power over Ethernet (PoE) systems. The LTC9101-3 manages a user-defined system-level power budget across all ports. Port power is automatically assigned based on system power availability, initial physical classification and after power up, port dynamic power consumption.
The LTC9101-3 prioritizes port power by port number (port 1 is highest priority) and automatically removes power from lower priority ports to accommodate higher priority ports.
The LTC9101-3 features an interface to control an external serial LED driver. LED indications include Port On, Port Off, Port Power Denied, and Port Fault states. A Supply Overload LED indicates system power usage is near power limit or a port is being denied power.
The LTC9101-3 operates without a host present. Configuration is accomplished by pin settings and I2C-based flash programming.
The LTC9101-3 autonomously performs compliant 802.3at detection, classification power up, power on, and fault management.
- Small Business PoE PSE Switches/Routers
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.