Features and Benefits
- Seamless Transition Between Power Sources: Li-Ion Battery, USB, and 6V to 36V Supply (60V Max)
- 2A Output High Voltage Buck Regulator with Bat-Track™ Adaptive Output Control
- 3.95V Float Voltage Improves Battery Life Span and High Temperature Safety Margin
- Internal 215mW Ideal Diode Plus Optional External Ideal Diode Controller Provides Low Loss Power Path When External Supply/ USB Not Present
- Load Dependent Charging from USB Input Guarantees Current Compliance
- Full Featured Li-Ion Battery Charger
- 1.5A Maximum Charge Current with Thermal Limiting
- NTC Thermistor Input for Temperature Qualified Charging
- Tiny (3mm × 6mm × 0.75mm) 22-Pin DFN Package
The LTC4090-3 is a USB power manager plus high voltage Li-Ion/Polymer battery charger. The device controls the total current used by the USB peripheral for operation and battery charging. Battery charge current is automatically reduced such that the sum of the load current and the charge current does not exceed the programmed input current limit. The LTC4090-3 also accommodates high voltage power supplies, such as 12V AC/DC wall adapters, Firewire, or automotive power.
The LTC4090 provides a Bat-Track adaptive output that tracks the battery voltage for high efficiency charging from the high voltage input. This 3.95V version of the standard LTC4090 is intended for applications which have extended battery lifetime requirements or those that require high temperature (>60°C) operation or storage under these conditions. A reduced float voltage will trade off initial cell capacity for the benefit of increased capacity retention over the life of the battery. The charge current is programmable and an end-of-charge status output (CHRG) indicates full charge.
|Float Voltage (V)||NTC Hot Threshold||Bat-Track Adaptive HV Output|
- Embedded Automotive Accessories
- Personal Navigation Devices
- Other USB-Based Handheld Products
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Tools & Simulations
LTspice® is a powerful, fast and free simulation software, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of analog circuits.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Support & Discussions
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.