Features and Benefits
- Charge Current Programmable up to 1A
- Integrated 100mA Adjustable Low Dropout Linear Regulator
- Charges Single Cell Li-Ion Batteries Directly from USB Port
- Preset Charge Voltage with ±0.35% Accuracy
- No External MOSFET, Sense Resistor or Blocking Diode Needed
- Thermal Regulation Maximizes Charge Rate without Risk of Overheating
- Adjustable LDO Output Voltage Range: 1.2V to 4.2V
- Programmable Charge Termination Timer
- Programmable Charge Current Detection/Termination
- SmartStart™ Prolongs Battery Life
- Charge Status Output
- 35μA Charger Quiescent Current in Shutdown
- 15μA LDO Quiescent Current
- Available in a Low Profile (0.75mm) 10-Lead (3mm × 3mm) DFN Package
The LTC4063 is a standalone linear charger for single cell lithium-ion batteries with an adjustable low dropout linear regulator (LDO). The adjustable LDO regulates an output voltage between 1.2V to 4.2V at up to 100mA load current. When the input supply (wall adapter or USB supply) is removed, the LDO regulates the output voltage without interruption. The battery charger and LDO regulator can be enabled individually.
No external sense resistor or external blocking diode is required for charging due to the internal MOSFET architecture. Internal thermal feedback regulates the charge current to maintain a constant die temperature during high power operation or high ambient temperature conditions. The float voltage is fixed at 4.2V and the charge current is programmed with an external resistor. Charge termination methods include minimum charge current or maximum time. With power applied, the LTC4063 can be put into shutdown mode to reduce the supply current to 35μA and the battery drain current to less than 2μA.
Other features include smart recharge, undervoltage lockout, LDO current limiting and a charge status pin to indicate when the charge cycle has completed.
- Handheld Computers
- Portable MP3 Players
- Digital Cameras
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.