Features and Benefits
- Multichemistry Li-Ion/Polymer, LiFePO4, or Lead-Acid Battery Charger with Termination
- High Efficiency Synchronous Buck Battery Charger
- Digital Telemetry System Monitors VBAT, IBAT, RBAT, NTC Ratio (Battery Temperature), VIN, IIN, VSYSTEM, Die Temperature
- Coulomb Counter and Integrated 14-Bit ADC
- Wide Charging Input Voltage Range: 4.5V to 35V
- Wide Battery Voltage Range: Up to 35V
- Input Undervoltage Charge Current Limit Loop
- Maximum Power Point Tracking
- Optional I2C Serial Port Control
- Input Current Limit Prioritizes System Load Output
- Input and Output Ideal Diodes Provide Low Loss PowerPath™ Operation
- Instant-On Operation with Discharged Battery
The LTC4015 is a complete synchronous buck controller/charger with pin-selectable, chemistry specific charging and termination algorithms.
The LTC4015 can charge Li-Ion/Polymer, LiFePO4, or lead-acid batteries. Battery charge voltage is pin selectable and I2C adjustable. Input current limit and charge current can be accurately programmed with sense resistors and can be individually adjusted via the I2C serial port. A digital telemetry system monitors all system power parameters.
Safety timer and current termination algorithms are supported for lithium chemistry batteries. The LTC4015 also includes automatic recharge, precharge (Li-Ion) and NTC thermistor protection. The LTC4015's I2C port allows user customization of charger algorithms, reading of charger status information, configuration of the maskable and programmable alerts, plus use and configuration of the Coulomb counter.
Available in a 38-Lead 5mm × 7mm QFN package.
- Portable Medical Instruments/Military Equipment
- Industrial Handhelds/Lighting
- Ruggedized Notebook/Tablet Computers
- Solar Battery Chargers
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (1)
Demonstration Circuit 2039A features the LTC4015EUHF, a Multichemistry Buck Battery Charger with Digital Telemetry System, operating as a 2-cell Li-Ion, 8A battery charger. The DC2039A allows configuring the LTC4015 to support up to 9 cells for Li-Ion and LiFePO4, and 3, 6, or 12 cells for Lead-Acid batteries. Programmable and fully automatic charge algorithms can be chosen for each of the chemistries.
Software & Systems Requirements
Product Selector Card (1)
Solutions Bulletins & Brochures (1)
Technical Articles (1)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.