Features and Benefits
- Full Featured Li-Ion/Polymer Charger/PowerPath™ Controller with Instant-On Operation
- Triple Adjustable High Efficiency Step-Down Switching Regulators (800mA, 500mA, 500mA IOUT)
- I2C Adjustable SW Slew Rates for EMI Reduction
- High Temperature Battery Voltage Reduction Improves Safety and Reliability
- Overvoltage Protection Controller for USB (VBUS)/Wall Inputs Provide Protection to 30V
- 1.5A Maximum Charge Current with Thermal Limiting
- Battery Float Voltage: 4.2V
- Pushbutton ON/OFF Control with System Reset
- Dual 150mA Current Limited LDOs
- Start-Up Timing Compatible with SiRF Atlas IV Processor
- Small 4mm × 7mm 44-Pin QFN Package
The LTC3677-3 is a highly integrated power management IC for single-cell Li-Ion/Polymer battery applications. It includes a PowerPath manager with automatic load prioritization, a battery charger, an ideal diode, input overvoltage protection and numerous other internal protection features. The LTC3677-3 is designed to accurately charge from current limited supplies such as USB by automatically reducing charge current such that the sum of the load current and the charge current does not exceed the programmed input current limit (100mA or 500mA modes). The LTC3677-3 reduces the battery voltage at elevated temperatures to improve safety and reliability. The three step-down switching regulators and two LDOs provide a wide range of available supplies. The LTC3677-3 also includes a pushbutton input to control power sequencing and system reset. The LTC3677-3 has pushbutton timing and sequencing designed to support the SiRF Atlas IV processor. The LTC3677-3 is available in a low profile 4mm × 7mm × 0.75mm 44-pin QFN package.
- PNDs, DMB/DVB-H, Digital/Satellite Radio, Media Players
- Portable Industrial/Medical Products
- Other USB-Based Handheld Products
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Support & Discussions
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.