Features and BenefitsPower Manager
- High Efficiency Switching PowerPath™ Controller with Bat-Track™ Adaptive Output Control
- Programmable USB or Wall Current Limit (100mA/500mA/1A)
- Full Featured Li-Ion/Polymer Battery Charger
- “Instant-On” Operation with a Discharged Battery
- 1.5A Maximum Charge Current
- Internal 180mΩ Ideal Diode Plus External Ideal Diode Controller Powers Load in Battery Mode
- Low No-Load IQ When Powered from BAT (<30μA)
- High Efficiency (1A IOUT )
- 2.25MHz Constant Frequency Operation
- Low No-Load Quiescent Current (~13μA)
- Zero Shutdown Current
- I2C Control of All Functions
The LTC3567 is a highly integrated power management and battery charger IC for Li-Ion/Polymer battery applications. It includes a high efficiency current limited switching PowerPath manager with automatic load prioritization, a battery charger, an ideal diode, and a high efficiency synchronous buck-boost switching regulator. Designed specifically for USB applications, the LTC3567’s switching power manager automatically limits input current to a maximum of either 100mA or 500mA for USB or 1A for adapter-powered applications.
The LTC3567’s switching input stage transmits nearly all of the 2.5W available from the USB port to the system load with minimal power wasted as heat. This feature allows the LTC3567 to provide more power to the application and eases thermal budgeting constraints in small spaces.
The synchronous buck-boost DC/DC can provide up to 1A output current.
The LTC3567 is available in a low profile 24-pin (4mm × 4mm × 0.75mm) QFN surface mount package.
- HDD Based MP3 Players, PDA, GPS, PMP Products
- Other USB Based Handheld Products
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Press Releases (1)
Technical Articles (1)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.