Features and Benefits
- VCAP Operating Range: 0.1V to 5.5V
- VSYS Operating Range: 1.71V to 5.25V
- Automatic Switchover from Charge to Backup Mode
- Programmable ±2% Accurate Charge Input Current Limit from 125mA to 2A
- ±1% Backup Voltage Accuracy
- Automatic Backup Capacitor Balancing
- Fixed 1.2MHz Switching Frequency
- Burst Mode® Operation: 40μA Quiescent Current
- Built-In Programmable Multipurpose Comparator with Open-Collector Output
- Open-Collector Outputs to Indicate Direction of Operation and End of Charge
- Thermally Enhanced TSSOP-24 and 4mm × 4mm QFN-24 Packages
The LTC3110 is a 2A bidirectional buck-boost DC/DC regulator with capacitor charger and balancer. Its wide 0.1V to 5.5V capacitor/battery voltage and 1.8V to 5.25V system backup voltage ranges make it well suited to a wide variety of backup applications using supercapacitors or batteries. A proprietary low noise switching algorithm optimizes efficiency with capacitor/battery voltages that are above, below or equal to the system output voltage.
The LTC3110 can autonomously transition from charge to backup mode or switch modes based on an external command. Pin-selectable Burst Mode operation reduces standby current and improves light-load efficiency, which combined with a 1μA shutdown current make the LTC3110 ideally suited for backup applications. Additional features include voltage supervisors for direction control and end of charge, and a general purpose comparator with open-collector output for interfacing with a μC. The LTC3110 is available in thermally enhanced, low profile 24-lead TSSOP and 4mm × 4mm QFN packages.
- Supercapacitor Backup Converter and Charger
- Battery Backup Converter and Charger
- Servers, RAID Systems
- RF Systems with Battery/Capacitor Backup
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
Demonstration circuit 1964A is a 2A, bidirectional buckboost DC/DC regulator and charger/balancer, featuring the LTC3110 boost controller. Its wide voltage range both in capacitor/battery charger mode and in system backup mode makes it well suited to a wide variety of applications using supercapacitors and batteries.
Solutions Bulletins & Brochures (1)
Press Releases (1)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.