Features and Benefits
- Low Loss PowerPath™ Control: Seamless, Automatic Transition from Battery to USB or Wall Adapter Power
- Wide VIN Range: 1.8V to 5.5V
- Buck-Boost VOUT: 1.5V to 5.25V
- Buck-Boost Generates 3.3V at 300mA for VIN ≥ 1.8V, 3.3V at 800mA for VIN ≥ 3V
- Dual 350mA Buck Regulators, VOUT: 0.6V to VIN
- 38μA Quiescent Current in Burst Mode® Operation
- 1.8V, 50mA Always-On LDO
- Protected 100mA Hot Swap™ Output
- Pushbutton On/Off Control
- Current Limited 200mA MAX Output
- Programmable Power-Up Sequencing
- 24-lead 4mm × 4mm × 0.75mm QFN Package
The LTC3101 is a complete power management solution for low power portable devices. It provides three high efficiency switching DC/DC converters which seamlessly transition from battery to USB/wall adapter power when available. A synchronous buck-boost regulator provides complete flexibility, allowing operation from a single Li-Ion/Polymer battery, 2 to 3 AA cells, a USB port or any other power source operating from 1.8V to 5.5V.
Two always-alive outputs, a 50mA LDO and a 200mA MAX output that tracks the higher voltage input supply, provide power for critical functions or additional external regulators. Flash memory cards can be directly powered from the protected 100mA Hot Swap output. Pushbutton control logic and a programmable-duration microprocessor reset generator simplify interfacing to a microprocessor while internal sequencing and independent enable pins provide flexible power-up options. The LTC3101 is available in a low profile (0.75mm) 24-lead 4mm × 4mm QFN package.
- Ultra-Portable Digital Video Cameras
- Personal Handheld GPS Navigators
- Portable Medical Instruments
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Tools & Simulations
LTspice® is a powerful, fast and free simulation software, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of analog circuits.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
Technical Articles (1)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.