Features and Benefits
- Sequence, Trim, Margin and Supervise 16 Power Supplies
- Manage Faults, Monitor Telemetry and Create Fault Logs
- PMBus Compliant Command Set
- Supported by LTpowerPlay® GUI
- Margin or Trim Supplies to within 0.5% of Target
- Fast OV/UV Supervisors per Channel
- Coordinate Sequencing and Fault Management Across Multiple ADI PSM Devices
- Automatic Fault Logging to Internal EEPROM
- Operate Autonomously without Additional Software
- Internal Temperature and Input Voltage Supervisors
- Accurate Monitoring of 16 Output Voltages, Two Input Voltages and Internal Die Temperature
- I2C/SMBus Serial Interface
- Powered from 3.13V to 3.47V
- Programmable Watchdog Timer
- Available in 144-Pin 12mm × 12mm BGA Package
- LTpowerPlay® Configuration and Development Tool
The LTC2979 is a 16-channel Power System Manager used to sequence, trim (servo), margin, supervise, manage faults, provide telemetry and create fault logs. PMBus commands support power supply sequencing, precision point-of-load voltage adjustment and margining. DACs use a proprietary soft-connect algorithm to minimize supply disturbances. Supervisory functions include overvoltage and undervoltage threshold limits for sixteen power supply output channels and two power supply input channels, as well as over and under temperature limits. Programmable fault responses can disable the power supplies with optional retry after a fault is detected. Faults that disable a power supply can automatically trigger black box EEPROM storage of fault status and associated telemetry. An internal 16-bit ADC monitors sixteen output voltages, two input voltages and die temperature. In addition, odd numbered channels can be configured to measure the voltage across a current sense resistor. A programmable watchdog timer monitors microprocessor activity for a stalled condition and resets the microprocessor if necessary. A single wire bus synchronizes power supplies across multiple ADI Power System Management (PSM) devices. Configuration EEPROM with ECC supports autonomous operation without additional software.
- Computers and Network Servers
- Industrial Test and Measurement
- High Reliability Systems
- Medical Imaging
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.