Features and Benefits
- Out-of-Phase Controllers Reduce Required Input Capacitance and Power Supply Induced Noise
- Power Good Output Voltage Indicator
- OPTI-LOOP™ Compensation Minimizes COUT
- DC Programmed Fixed Frequency 150kHz to 300kHz
- Wide VIN Range: 3.5V to 36V Operation
- Very Low Dropout Operation: 99% Duty Cycle
- Adjustable Soft-Start Current Ramping
- Latched Short-Circuit Shutdown with Defeat Option
- Remote Output Voltage Sense and OV Protection
- 5V and 3.3V Standby Regulators
- Selectable Const. Freq. or Burst Mode™ Operation
- High Operating Switching Frequency of 1.2MHz
- Low Internal VCESAT Switch: 400mV @ 1A, VIN = 3V
- Wide VIN Range: 2.6V to 16V Operation
- High Output Voltage: Up to 34V
The LTC1876 is a high performance triple output switching regulator. It incorporates a dual step-down switching controller that drives all N-channel synchronous power MOSFET stages. A step-up regulator with an internal 1A, 36V switch provides the third output.
The step-down controllers minimize power loss and noise by operating the output stage of each controller out of phase. OPTI-LOOP compensation allows the transient response to be optimized over a wide range of output capacitance and ESR values. A RUN/SS pin for each controller provides both soft-start and an optional timed, short-circuit shutdown that can be configured to latch offone or both controllers. Current foldback provides additional short-circuit protection. In an overvoltage condition, the bottom MOSFET is latched on until VOUT returns to normal. The FCB pin can be used to inhibit Burst Mode operation or to enable regulation of a secondary output voltage.
The step-up regulator operates at 1.2MHz, allowing the use of tiny low cost capacitors and inductors. In addition,its internal 1A switch allows high current outputs to be generated. Its current mode control scheme provides excellent line and load regulation.
- 3.3V Input Step-Down Converter
- Notebook and Palmtop Computers, PDAs
- Battery-Operated Digital Devices
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (2)
DC386A: Demo Board for LTC1876 High Efficiency, 2-Phase, Dual Synchronous Step-Down Switching Controller and Step-Up Regulator.
Technical Articles (3)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece.
Up to two boards can be purchased through Analog.com. To order more than two, please purchase through one of our listed distributors.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece. The USA list pricing shown is for budgetary use only, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit), and is subject to change. International prices may vary due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates.