Features and Benefits
- Synchronizable/Programmable Fixed Frequency
- OPTI-LOOP™ Compensation Minimizes COUT
- ±1% Output Voltage Accuracy
- Dual N-Channel MOSFET Synchronous Drive
- Wide VIN Range: 4V to 36V Operation
- VOUT Range: 0.8V to 6V
- Internal Current Foldback
- Output Overvoltage Crowbar Protection
- Latched Short-Circuit Shutdown Timer with Defeat Option
- Very Low Dropout Operation: 99% Duty Cycle
- Forced Continuous Control Pin
- Optional Programmable Soft-Start
- Remote Output Voltage Sense
- Power Good Output (LTC1735F Only)
- Logic Controlled Micropower Shutdown: IQ < 25µA
- LTC1435 Pin Compatible with Minor Component Changes
- Available in 16-Lead Narrow SSOP, SO Packages and 20-Lead TSSOP Package (LTC1735F Only)
The LTC1735 is a synchronous step-down switching regulator controller that drives external N-channel power MOSFETs using a fixed frequency architecture. Burst Mode operation provides high efficiency at low load currents. The precision 0.8V reference is compatible with future generation microprocessors. OPTI-LOOP compensation allows the transient response to be optimized over a wide range of output capacitance and ESR values.
The operating frequency (synchronizable up to 500kHz) is set by an external capacitor allowing maximum flexibility in optimizing efficiency. A forced continuous control pin reduces noise and RF interference and can assist secondary winding regulation by disabling Burst Mode operation when the main output is lightly loaded.
Protection features include internal foldback current limiting, output overvoltage crowbar and optional short-circuit shutdown. Soft-start is provided by an external capacitor that can be used to properly sequence supplies. The operating current level is user-programmable via an external current sense resistor. Wide input supply range allows operation from 4V to 30V (36V maximum).
- Notebook and Palmtop Computers, PDAs
- Cellular Telephones and Wireless Modems
- DC Power Distribution Systems
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (2)
Design Notes (4)
Tools & Simulations
LTspice® is a powerful, fast and free simulation software, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of analog circuits.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
Technical Articles (6)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.