Features and Benefits
- Dual N-Channel MOSFET Synchronous Drive
- Programmable/Synchronizable Fixed Frequency
- VOUT Range: 0.8V to 7V
- Wide VIN Range: 3.5V to 36V Operation
- Very Low Dropout Operation: 99% Duty Cycle
- OPTI-LOOP™ Compensation Minimizes COUT
- ±1% Output Voltage Accuracy
- Power Good Output Voltage Monitor
- Internal Current Foldback
- Output Overvoltage Crowbar Protection
- Latched Short-Circuit Shutdown Timer with Defeat Option
- Optional Programmable Soft-Start
- Remote Output Voltage Sense
- Logic Controlled Micropower Shutdown: IQ < 25µA
- Available in 16-Lead Narrow SSOP and SO Packages
The LTC1735-1 is a synchronous step-down switching regulator controller optimized for CPU power. OPTI-LOOP compensation allows the transient response to be optimized over a wide range of output capacitance and ESR values.
The operating frequency (synchronizable up to 500kHz) is set by an external capacitor allowing maximum flexibility in optimizing efficiency. The output voltage is monitored by a power good window comparator that indicates when the output is within 7.5% of its programmed value, conforming to Intel Mobile CPU Specifications.
Protection features include internal foldback current limiting, output overvoltage crowbar and optional short-circuit shutdown. Soft-start is provided by an external capacitor that can be used to properly sequence supplies. The operating current level is user-programmable via an external current sense resistor. Wide input supply range allows operation from 3.5V to 30V (36V maximum).
Pin defeatable Burst Mode™ operation provides high efficiency at low load currents while 99% duty cycle provides low dropout operation.
- Notebook and Palmtop Computers, PDAs
- Power Supply for Mobile Pentium® III Processor with SpeedStep™ Technology
- Cellular Telephones and Wireless Modems
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (1)
Tools & Simulations
LTspice® is a powerful, fast and free simulation software, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of analog circuits.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.