Features and Benefits
- Internal 400mV Reference
- Total Threshold Error: ±1.25% Max at 25°C
- Inputs and Outputs Operate to 36V
- Wide Supply Range: 1.4V to 18V
- Specified for –55°C to 125°C Temperature Range
- Low Quiescent Current: 6.5μA Typ at 5V
- Internal Hysteresis: 6.5mV Typ
- Low Input Bias Current: ±10nA Max
- Over-The-Top® Input also Includes Ground
- Open-Collector Outputs Allow Level Translation
- Choice of Input Polarities: LT6700-1/LT6700-2/ LT6700-3/LT6700HV-1/LT6700HV-2/LT6700HV-3
- Available in Low Profile (1mm) SOT-23 (ThinSOT™) and 2mm × 3mm DFN Packages
- AEC-Q100 Qualified for Automotive Applications
The LT6700/LT6700HV combine two micropower, low voltage comparators with a 400mV reference in a 6-lead SOT-23 or tiny DFN package. Operating with supplies from 1.4V up to 18V, these devices draw only 6.5μA, making them ideal for low voltage system monitoring. Hysteresis is included in the comparators, easing design requirements to insure stable output operation.
The comparators each have one input available externally; the other inputs are connected internally to the reference. The comparator outputs are open collector and the output load can be referred to any voltage up to 18V (36V for LT6700HV), independent of supply voltage. The output stage sinking capability is guaranteed to be greater than 5mA over temperature.
The three versions of this part differ by the polarity of the available comparator inputs. The LT6700-1/ LT6700HV-1 has one inverting input and one noninverting input, making it suitable for use as a window comparator. The LT6700-2/LT6700HV-2 has two inverting inputs and the LT6700-3/LT6700HV-3 has two noninverting inputs. All versions are offered in commercial, industrial and automotive temperature ranges.
- Battery-Powered System Monitoring
- Threshold Detectors
- Window Comparators
- Relay Driving
- Industrial Control Systems
- Handheld Instruments
- Automotive Monitor and Controls
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Tools & Simulations
LTspice® is a powerful, fast and free simulation software, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of analog circuits.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
Product Selector Card (1)
Technical Articles (2)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.