Features and Benefits
- Single Gain Set Resistor: G = 0.2 to >200
- Excellent DC Precision
- Input Offset Voltage: 60μV Max
- Input Offset Voltage Drift: 0.6μV/°C Max
- Low Gain Error: 0.012% Max (G = 0.2)
- Low Gain Drift: 35ppm/°C Max (G > 0.2)
- High DC CMRR: 80dB Min (G = 0.2)
- Integrated Output Clamps
- Integrated Output Level Shift
- Input Bias Current: 800pA Max
- 4MHz –3dB Bandwidth (G = 0.2)
- Low Noise:
- 0.1Hz to 10Hz Noise: 0.2μVP-P
- 1kHz Voltage Noise: 7nV/√Hz
- Integrated Input RFI Filter
- Wide Supply Range 4.75V to 35V
- Temperature Ranges: –40°C to 85°C and –40°C to 125°C
- MS16E and 20-Lead 3mm × 4mm QFN Packages
The LT6372-0.2 is a gain programmable, high precision funneling instrumentation amplifier that delivers industry leading DC precision. This high precision enables smaller signals to be sensed and eases calibration requirements, particularly over temperature. The LT6372-0.2 incorporates features into the LT6370 which further improve accuracy and simplify interfacing to an ADC.
The LT6372-0.2 uses a proprietary high performance bipolar process which enables industry leading accuracy coupled with exceptional long-term stability. The LT6372-0.2 is laser trimmed for very low input offset voltage (60μV) and high CMRR (80dB, G = 0.2). Proprietary on-chip test capability allows the gain drift (35ppm/°C) to be guaranteed with automated testing.
The LT6372-0.2’s difference amplifier uses a split reference configuration which simplifies level shifting the amplifier’s output to the center of the ADC’s input range. Output clamp pins are also provided to limit the voltage which can be applied to an ADC’s input. EMI filtering is integrated on the LT6372-0.2’s inputs to maintain accuracy in the presence of harsh RF interference.
The LT6372-0.2 is available in a compact MS16E or a 20-pin 3mm × 4mm QFN. The LT6372-0.2 is fully specified over the –40°C to 85°C and –40°C to 125°C temperature ranges.
- Bridge Amplifier
- Data Acquisition
- Thermocouple Amplifier
- Strain Gauge Amplifier
- Medical Instrumentation
- Transducer Interfaces
- Differential to Single-Ended Conversion
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
Demonstration circuit 2746A is a blank/un-stuffed evaluation board to be used to facilitate prototyping of LT6372-1 and LT6372-0.2 instrumentation amplifiers in the MSOP-16 package. The board is designed to be as flexible as possible by providing many stuffing options and jumpers to configure. This board can be used with either LT6372-1 (for gains ≥ 1V/V amplification) or LT6372-0.2 (for gains as low as 0.2V/V attenuation).
Below are some of the capabilities of the board using board jumper selection or stuffing option.
- Single or dual supply operation.
- Flexible connections of REF1 and REF2 instrumentation amplifier reference voltage inputs. Options are: Both references to be tied together or separately driven, or grounded.
- Common mode or differential input.
- Input CM and differential filtering caps if needed.
- Upper and lower clamp pins driven externally or disabled.
- Output drive filtering and isolation resistor and cap.
- Prototyping area provided for SO-8 device to be used if needed. This prototype footprint can be run using the LT6372 power supplies or could be powered by different supply rails applied to the board.
Tools & Simulations
LTspice® is a powerful, fast and free simulation software, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of analog circuits.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
In-Amp Diamond Plot Tool
The Diamond Plot Tool is a web application that generates a configuration-specific Output Voltage Range vs. Input Common-Mode Voltage graph, also known as the Diamond Plot, for Analog Devices Instrumentation Amplifiers. Based on user inputs such as supply voltage, gain, and input signal range, the tool detects saturation and recommends in-amps for which the input signal is in-range and the configuration is valid. Avoid saturation, find the best in-amp for your design, and save time.
LT6372-0.2 Companion Parts
Recommended ADC Drivers
Recommended Analog to Digital Converters
Technical Articles (1)
Rarely Asked Questions (1)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Support & Discussions
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.