Features and Benefits
- 2.5Msps Throughput Rate
- ±1LSB INL (Max)
- Guaranteed 16-Bit, No Missing Codes
- Pin-Configurable Analog Input Range:
- ±4.096V Fully Differential
- 0V to 4.096V Pseudo-Differential Unipolar
- ±2.048V Pseudo-Differential Bipolar
- 96.0dB (Fully Differential)/93.5dB (Pseudo Differential) SNR (Typ) at fIN = 2kHz
- –116dB (Fully Differential)/–112dB (Pseudo Differential) THD (Typ) at fIN = 2kHz
- Guaranteed Operation to 125°C
- Single 5V Supply
- Internal 20ppm/°C (Max) Reference
- Internal Reference Buffer
- 162.5mW Power Dissipation at 2.5Msps
- No Pipeline Delay, No Cycle Latency
- 1.8V to 5V I/O Voltages
- Parallel and Serial I/O Interface
- 48-pin 7mm × 7mm LQFP and QFN Packages
The LTC2389-16 is a low noise, high speed 16-bit successive approximation register (SAR) ADC. Operating from a single 5V supply, the LTC2389-16 supports pinconfigurable fully differential (±4.096V), pseudo-differential unipolar (0V to 4.096V), and pseudo-differential bipolar (±2.048V) analog input ranges, allowing it to interface with multiple signal chain formats without requiring additional level translation or signal conditioning. The LTC2389-16 achieves ±1LSB INL (maximum), no missing codes at 16-bits, and 96.0dB (fully differential)/ 93.5dB (pseudo differential) SNR (typical).
The LTC2389-16 includes a precision internal 4.096V reference, with a guaranteed 0.5% initial accuracy and a ±20ppm/°C (maximum) temperature coefficient, as well as an internal reference buffer. Fast 2.5Msps throughput with no cycle latency in the parallel interface modes makes the LTC2389-16 ideally suited for a wide variety of high speed applications. An internal oscillator sets the conversion time, easing external timing considerations. The LTC2389-16 dissipates only 162.5mW at 2.5Msps, while both nap and sleep power-down modes are provided to further reduce power consumption during inactive periods.
- Medical Imaging
- High Speed, Wide Dynamic Range Data Acquisition
- Industrial Process Control
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (1)
DC1826A-E Demo Board for:
LTC2389-16 16-Bit, 2.5Msps SAR ADC with Pin-Configurable Analog Input Range and 96dB SNR
LTC6655 0.25ppm Noise, Low Drift Precision References
LT6201 Dual 165MHz, Rail-to-Rail Input and Output, 0.95nV/√Hz Low Noise, Op Amp Family
Software & Systems Requirements
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.