Features and Benefits
- Direct Conversion from Baseband to RF
- High Output: –4.2dB Conversion Gain
- High OIP3: 21.7dBm at 900MHz
- Low Output Noise Floor at 20MHz Offset:
- No RF: –159dBm/Hz
- POUT = 4dBm: –153.3dBm/Hz
- Low Carrier Leakage: –42dBm at 900MHz
- High Image Rejection: –53dBc at 900MHz
- 3-Ch CDMA2000 ACPR: –70.4dBc at 900MHz
- Integrated LO Buffer and LO Quadrature Phase Generator
- 50Ω AC-Coupled Single-Ended LO and RF Ports
- High Impedance DC Interface to Baseband Input with 0.5V Common Mode Voltage
- 16-Lead QFN 4mm × 4mm Package
The LT5571 is a direct I/Q modulator designed for high performance wireless applications, including wireless infrastructure. It allows direct modulation of an RF signal using differential baseband I and Q signals. It supports RFID, GSM, EDGE, CDMA, CDMA2000, and other systems. It may also be configured as an image reject upconverting mixer by applying 90° phase-shifted signals to the I and Q inputs. The high impedance I/Q baseband inputs consist of voltage-to-current converters that in turn drive double-balanced mixers. The outputs of these mixers are summed and applied to an on-chip RF transformer, which converts the differential mixer signals to a 50Ω single-ended output. The four balanced I and Q baseband input ports are intended for DC-coupling from a source with a common-mode voltage at about 0.5V. The LO path consists of an LO buffer with single-ended input, and precision quadrature generators that produce the LO drive for the mixers. The supply voltage range is 4.5V to 5.25V.
- RFID Interrogators
- GSM, CDMA, CDMA2000 Transmitters
- Point-to-Point Wireless Infrastructure Tx
- Image Reject Up-Converters for Cellular Bands
- Low-Noise Variable Phase-Shifter for 620MHz to 1100MHz Local Oscillator Signals
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Tools & Simulations
ADIsimRF is an easy-to-use RF signal chain calculator. Cascaded gain, noise, distortion and power consumption can be calculated, plotted and exported for signal chains with up to 50 stages. ADIsimRF also includes an extensive data base of device models for ADI’s RF and mixed signal components.
LT5571 Companion Parts
Recommended Suggested Oscillator
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.