μModule Design and Manufacturing Resources
A µModule® power product simplifies implementation, verification, and manufacturing of complex power circuits by integrating the power function in a compact molded plastic package. Below is a list of guides for product selection, design, evaluation, simulation, layout, PCB assembly, and packaging.
µModule® Power products simplify implementation, verification, and manufacturing of Power Circuits by integrating Power Functions in a compact package.
Download LTspice, our powerful, free schematic capture and simulation program for models and demo circuits of DC/DC μModule products.
LTpowerCAD is an alternative DC/DC μModule product selection tool. The tool also assists you through the external component selection process and confirms stability for your unique application. Once complete, the design is easily exportable to LTspice for simulation.
LTpowerPlay is a powerful, Windows-based development environment supporting Linear Technology's Digital Power System Management (PSM) products.
Demo Boards, Software, & Gerber Files
For other design information and applications information, please refer to the product datasheets or the following documents:
- AN119A - Powering Complex FPGA-Based Systems Using Highly Integrated DC/DC µModule Regulator Systems
- DN385 - 10A High Performance Point-of-Load DC/DC µModule Regulator
- DN411 - Simple and Compact 4-Output Point-of-Load DC/DC µModule System
- DN430 - 8A Low Voltage, Low Profile DC/DC Module Regulator in 9mm x 15mm Package Weighs Only 1g
- DN438 - µModule Buck-Boost Regulators Offer a Simple and Efficient Solution For Wide Input and Output Voltage Range Applications
- DN1021 - How to Produce Negative Output Voltages from Positive Inputs Using a μModule Step-Down Regulator
- DN530 - Increasing Output Voltage and Current Range Using Series- Connected Isolated μModule Converters
Quick Start Guide
A brief reference on handling moisture sensitivity, reflow and assembly for the LGA and BGA packages
Materials Declarations & RoHS
Visit our Material Declaration Search page.
For general information on our RoHS program, please visit our Lead Free Program and RoHS Compliance page.
PCB Assembly and Manufacturing Guidelines
Assembly Considerations for Analog Devices µModule LGA & BGA Packages
Provides a complete guide to:
- Package Construction
- PCB Design Guidelines
- Moisture Sensitivity, Pack, Ship & Bake
- Board Assembly Process
- Screen Print
- Stencil Design
- Solder Paste, Key Process Parameters
- Reflow Profile
- Cleaning Removal and Rework
- AN117 - DC/DC µModule Regulator Printed Circuit Board Design Guidelines provides insight into the process of designing the PCB layout.
Package & Board Level Reliability
Data reports from ongoing reliability test are updated regularly and may be accessed from the following links.